Hey Everyone

patrick55

Hey guys and girls

I have just arrived in Brisbane from Zimbabwe and am looking to do my Ra-aus certificate. I have had quit a bit of experience flying (Savannah Vg's and a Sonnex) from back home. I was wondering if anyone knows a good flying school as close to Brisbane as possible. I have been into freeflying in Redcliffe which seems ok. Can anyone recommend any around here. Thank you in advance, safe flying!

G'day Pat, welcome along.... great to have you :thumb_up:

I'll let those closer to brisy tell you about schools near your area.

Have fun, and I hope you can get in the air asap!

Hi Patrick welcome, i recommend Airsport at boonah, if you want to go south west, from brissy.I guess it all depends on what suburb you live in.The others from what i hear are good as well.Cheers

Guest Sharp End

Hi Patrick,

I'm not RAAus qualified however visited Boonah the weekend before last - friendly place with a fantastic undulating grass strip... Caboolture's good too with two longish grass strips, but it's very soggy at the moment, the poor little Airtourer looks like she's been motocrossing! I suggest going to see the schools in person and let them know what you've done, what you want to do i.e get your full RAA certificate, and see what they have to say.

Dazza, how's the surface holding up at Boonah?

S-E

It was good on saturday sharp end, they havent recevied as much rain as we have on the Coast. With the undulation you have mentioned, it helps, but it can get boggy, well boggy isnt the right word realy, slippery/slushi is probably a better description.The surface is a fairly hard under the grass. Water does pool in the lower end of the strip, if it rains their alot. It does run off though, eventually, alot better than strips like murwillumba which as you know are flat and be unserviceable for a few days after rain, sometimes a week or more.Cheers

Wow, very quick responses, Thanks guys, I will go have a look at those places this weekend and make a decision. I cant wait to get in the air here, suffering from serious withdrawals...

• 3 months later...

I went up to Caboolture and had a chat with the guys at PROSKY, great bunch and I quite like the Tecnam Echo, so I think I will start my flying with them next week ! Looking forward to it and thanks for your suggestions !

G'Day Patrick,

Welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy the forums and everything goes OK with the Flying.

I use to live in Beaudesert near Boonah 20 years ago, I am not sure about the flight school but I couldn't think of a nicer place to fly around. Fantastic scenery and a very friendly town, Real people down there. It would be my pick.

Monty

I think its probably worth my while to head up to Boonah this weekend and have a look around at the Aeroclub there. Will try head down on Sat morning and check it out. Thanks Monty !

I think its probably worth my while to head up to Boonah this weekend and have a look around at the Aeroclub there. Will try head down on Sat morning and check it out. Thanks Monty !

Hi Patrick, it wouldnt hurt, you can meet all the top Guys like me LOL.Prosky is realy good as well from what i hear, but i think it would be good for you, just to check out Airsport at Boonah, then decide what you would like to do. We have Tecnams as well.Cheers:wave: