Weather for NATFLY

Tomo

So hows the weather for NATFLY looking?

My Long range rain forecast doesn't look to good at all.... 75% chance over that weekend, let's hope it doesn't eventuate though...

i recently rode from Syd to Phillip Island for the Superbike races, the forcast was for rain sunday and monday, and had been forecast rain for a few weeks leading up to the weekend, only on sunday morning did they change the forecast to fine and sunny for sunday and monday. which fortunatly it was. even on the previous evening, the forcast was totally wrong.

Yes, sorry if I'm coming across negative... :ah_oh:

I realize they're not worth much... but, yeah It should be Ok.

Yeh...I wouldn't worry too much yet Tomo. Forecasts a month out are at best a rough guide. Historically our weather here in Southern NSW is very stable in early Autumn and it is our lowest average rainfall period for the year.

Having said that...this seems to be shaping up to be a drought-breaking rainfall year here, and the 28 day forecast does have a high probability of rain for 2-3 April. So anything could happen! Which long term forecast were you looking at Tomo?

Peter

Guest Decca

Thanks Tomo.

It is the one I access, as a guide, & generally reasonable. I find it amusing though when they forecast chance of rain; 80% possibility of less than 1mm.031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif. As happened last week.

Decca.024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

That's the one I used too Tomo....only on Weatherzone (which is where where Elders get their data from). And yes Decca, the probabilities are a bit of a joke sometimes...computer generated of course. :pc strikes back:

So hows the weather for NATFLY looking?My Long range rain forecast doesn't look to good at all.... 75% chance over that weekend, let's hope it doesn't eventuate though...

It could always be worse, Tomo.

It could have been this weekend. The paddocks are awash here.

I use the Weatherzone predictions too, but these 28 day forecasts are based on the long wave patterns that can move earlier or later as they come across the Indian Ocean.

Don't give up yet, although you have a reason for concern after what you guys copped up there recently.

We all need to do more AvGas burning to counter this trend to Global-Raining.

Tomo,Q:What do little boys who tell lies grow up to be?

A:Weather forecasters.

Yeah, there once was a kid telling his Dad that he want's to be a fiction story writer. His Dad said, "So you'll be writing weather reports then?"

But you could take this both ways.... :black_eye:

• 2 weeks later...