New here

Neptune

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forum for some time now. I live in South Carolina in the U.S. I've been retired for about 10 years. Recently lost my wife and decided to return to flying.

I took delivery of a Jabiru 230-SP about 4 weeks ago in Florida. The weather and FI illness knocked out about 2 weeks of that. I finished all the requirements for sport pilot on the 9th and the weather has been terrible since. I'm scheduled for my FAA test ride on Monday. Sure hope the weather is better.

N709J

Hi Neptune,

My husband lost his first wife nearly 4 years ago, so I know a little of what you are going through. He was building a plane at the time, and that and the dog kept him going. I met him the week he had decided that he had better get out, meet people, start dating and get on with life. Two years ago we got married. I was the spinster of the parish having reached my 50's without getting caught and finally met someone who wouldn't want me to sell the plane and give up flying. We now have 4 planes. Flying together is fantastic.

We are a little mismatched - he is well over 6 foot, and I can stand under the wings of a Jabiru. Fortunately he has altered rudder pedals, joysticks, seats etc to accommodate my small frame - a very handy man to have around.

I found this forum about 4 months ago - they are a friendly helpful bunch where you can talk about nearly everything.

Good to have you on board.

Sue

• 4 weeks later...

Got 'IT'

Last Saturday was the day. Started off a bit windy but piped down about noon. My flite exam was at 1pm. Everything seemed to go well and I didn't terrify myself or the examiner. But the examiner didn't say yea or nay until after we were back in the office. After a few comments he printed out my temporary Sport Pilot Certificate. The plane is to be ferried from Florida to South Carolina tomorrow. (Friday) Then I am free and clear to navigate. The first stop to see a new friend that just received his license on Monday, then points west.

N709J

Guest Sharp End
Last Saturday was the day. Started off a bit windy but piped down about noon. My flite exam was at 1pm. Everything seemed to go well and I didn't terrify myself or the examiner. But the examiner didn't say yea or nay until after we were back in the office. After a few comments he printed out my temporary Sport Pilot Certificate. The plane is to be ferried from Florida to South Carolina tomorrow. (Friday) Then I am free and clear to navigate. The first stop to see a new friend that just received his license on Monday, then points west.N709J

Good on you Neptune. Enjoy flying the Jab and let us know about your adventures in her. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Hi Sue.Your Post was just what I needed.I lost my Wife 20th April 2009. (anniversary coming up week after next ) I have really been floundering thinking of what I should do to try to get a life again,by the way,I'm 81 yoa. Just didn't think I stood a chance, and that's why I began to try to pick up on the rather tenuous connections that I might still have with aviation. I came to the right place,thanks maybe I can still enjoy life again after all.William.F de Riecroft.