Just started lessons

johndl

Hello all

Well, here I am at nearly 50! Finally got the kids off my hands, and I have started flying lessons - had my 4th lesson today (climbing and descending) in a Jabiru LSA at Georgetown TAS. I hope I get better in a hurry! It is fun though...006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Hi there, Johndl

There are a few of us in the same boat. I'm closer to 50 than 40 and after this morning I'm 8 lessons in. It's overwhelming for the first half dozen (well it was for me) but even now it's starting to come together.

Enjoy the ride and keep us up to date with your progress.

Cheers

Mick

Hi there, JohndlThere are a few of us in the same boat. I'm closer to 50 than 40 and after this morning I'm 8 lessons in. It's overwhelming for the first half dozen (well it was for me) but even now it's starting to come together.

Enjoy the ride and keep us up to date with your progress.

Cheers

Mick

Mick

Thanks for that - it really is a steep learning curve!

Great to have you here John.I've just sat and passed my BAK today and hopefully am on the run to the finish line. But I clearly remember the first flights as the most stressful thing I've ever done. It does get better and even more enjoyable and to echo CFICare, I often ask myself why I didn't start this earlier.

Congrats on passing your BAK! I'm looking forward to the day when I can enjoy the scenery, instead of looking at gaugesi_dunno

Pretty much the same story with me with regard age and family. I have to say I am really 'allowing' myself to enjoy the experience and have made an effort not to stress out over reaching perfection immediately. I have started circuits and first ones were shockers but now I am gettingt he hang of it and reckon I am improving rapidly. ( I have found the strip everytime ). Keep having fun and lets us know how you go...

G'Day Rescue

I must admit that it's much harder than I thought! I'm just looking forward to the day when I can actually enjoy the experience, and not be so concerned about the mechanics of flying. Circuits look hard...lots to do and remember. At least you can find the strip!