warp drive prop repair

pete duncan

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Pete,

That;s unfortunate.

May I suggest you don't repair it - or have it repaired -at all. I am aware that bolly will repair props but after a repair they are not as hard as before. The prop is the hardest working part and a set of new blades is not that expensive. I would suggest that " your skin " is worth a couple of extra dollars for piece of mind. To hell with the expense. Buy new blades !

Fly safe ! weather permitting!

Walter

Hi Pete,

Im with Walter on this unless of course the blade has only minor damage, but my guessing if it hit the ground it maybe a tad bit more than minor.

Bolly sells the duratuff leading edge 3 blades for the 912 for about $400 a blade but i think you may have to change the hub also as I am not sure if the hub for you current prop is compatible.

Cheers

Alf

Guest Maj Millard

The Warp drive props are pretty tough, and handle minor damage pretty well....but if it has had a decent gound strike, it is time to turn it into a wall decoration, and purchase new blades........after all, it's only money, and it is nothing compared to having a blade suddenly depart !!.I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy......................................................................Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif