Ryco oil filter for 912

markendee

To all you 912 people out there.

We have always used genuine Rotax oil filters but would like to know if anyone out there has used Ryco instead?

Easier to buy etc.

I have never had a problem with a Ryco and have used them all my life on everthing I own (except my 912)

What do you guys say?

Mark D

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Mark,

Good question . Many filters might fit and do a great job. It is important to establish if the filter has a non return valve or not. This valve will stop the filter from emptying itself . In the case of Porsche filters they even have a bypass for the oil and only some of the oil goes through the filter. This is in order to maintain oilflow. I simply use Rotax because that is what is recommended. If a cheaper RYCO filter does the same job then thats terrific. I would just like to be sure that the specs are the same.

fly safe if or when the weather clears

Walter

Just because it says Rotax on the filter doesn't mean they made it. A lot of items like oil filters are made by one or two major companies and then "name" branded for the end supplier.

regards

Guest Maj Millard

I have used other brand filters in the past with no problem, however you'll get no warranty without a Rotax one, and they have stated that the spring pressure is different in their filters and set up for the 912 specifically. Lately I have been just ordering two at a time from Wal, and that's what I'm using at the moment. They are not that much more expensive anyway..........................................................................Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif