trailor

Guest 4aplat

Guest 4aplat

hello

I'm the owner of an Avid Flyer. I think avid, kit fox and savahna are the same plane (with minor changes) with folding wings

My trailor is not the original trailor and I'm needing pictures of the part of the trailor that support the tail of the plane (or the tail whell)

Thanks in advance for those wou are able to send pictures

MicheL

Hi Michel

I don't have pictures of a trailor but just wanted to correct you. The Avid, Kitfox etc is not like the Savannah. The Savannah is a copy of the Zenith 701 with improvements. In Australia we have a copy of the Avid, Kitfox, etc, called the "Skyfox" (which has not been produced for many years now) and it's successor with tricycle landing gear called the "Gazelle" (also no longer in production). I would suggest you post on the Skyfox/Gazelle forum. You may get a better response.

Cheers

Bill

Guest 4aplat

Thanks for the answer

I'm very stupid as frends of mine have got this plane (made in Italy)

I use the wrong forum !

MicheL

No problem MicheL, but you have opened an interesting thread. I see in you other photo post that the aircraft is being towed in reverse, tail first. Is this the correct or best way to tow a plane. I have horrible visions of the wings unfolding on the road, plus, slip stream trying to turn the engine in reverse direction. But then I could be wrong.

Thoughts, anyone?

Guest 4aplat

HI

I suupose the first thing you have to think about is the position of the gravity center and the wheels of the plane (for the stability of the trailor)

Then if you put the engine in the front, you will get the whells of the trailor in the midle of it and it will be dificult to turn with a 6 m long trailor

Puting the tail first needs the whells to be at the end and it's much easy to drive

Kitfox, eurofox, avid used to be tail first

You have to remember that those planes are tail drager so no whell in the front to maintain the plane

MicheL