Just took off

Gundy

G'day all been a member for a while just learning about all this forum stuff. Any how I learnt to fly in Bundaberg in a Jabiru then moved to Gladstone and bought a single seater Ranger which really taught me how to fly. I've just finished building my 2nd Savannah man there a great plane.

I will keep in touch from time to time. Gundy

Guest Decca

Hiya Gundy, welcome to our forums.

Your user-name sounds like a mix of Gladstone and Bundy. Wonder if I'm on the right track? Anyway you sure have been busy building. Would like to see some photos if you get around to it (then you can teach me how to post them).

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

I've just finished building my 2nd Savannah man they're a great plane.I will keep in touch from time to time. Gundy

Howdy Gundy,

I also learned in a Jabby and built a Savvy VG. You are one Savannah up on me though.

What did you do with the first Savannah?

Mark D

Tommo I can't believe you forgot who I am, you took my seat in the cab at Narromine I ended up with a cold hamburger waiting for u guys haha. My Savannah was on Savannah site at Temora. I was hoping you got a good photo of it with that big flash camera of yours. Mark I built the last Savannah to keep but a bloke saw it and feel in love with it so we negoiated a price now he owns it. It lives about 50 miles from here. I think this one looks better though:)

No Decca I grew up in Goondiwindi and the nickname stuck. I don't know how to post a photo yet but as soon as I know there will be sum up. Gundy

Yep, gotcha, just making sure! :thumb_up: You know, I came around to give you my co-ords and take a picture, but you were no where to be found........ 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif You had scooted off already apparently. Bit of a shame, but anyway.

Here are your photos from you.

Talk to you later, keep that D11 working hard tonight wont ya! :thumb_up:

[ATTACH]10384.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10385.vB[/ATTACH]

photo.jpg.71cc3270a188a220c07606319451e108.jpg

1839440085_photo2.jpg.8fcf78387a0515c8dcd19a3f39850ef2.jpg

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Gundy,

What a nice paintjob !!! It truly does look good. - dare I say - even pretty !. Just goes to show what can be done with an "ugly duckling " . I always thought mine looked great - all things considered but ....! Congrats!

might bump into you sometime since Gympie isn't too far away

( I tried to attch a picture from my Savvy but my skills are left wanting )

fly safe

Walter

Thanks Walter I'm very proud of it and it flys straight too. It took me a while to think up a good design to break up the box look the Savannah has. Were you in Temora at Easter? I should be heading over to the Monto flyin on Anzac weekend if your there we will catch up. Ova n out Gundy

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Tomo & Gundy,

Still no luck with Pictures. Computers &I have never got along. I'll keep trying though. On another note: Is there a fly in at Monto on Anzac Day? Pls. let us know

fly safe

Walter

Tommo I can't believe you forgot who I am, you took my seat in the cab at Narromine I ended up with a cold hamburger waiting for u guys haha.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

C'mon Tomo,

That's not the way we gentleman of the forums behave:laugh:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif but there are exceptions.

Maybe, you were just hungry and soaked to the skin like me:question:

That I can understand!

Hey Gundy, better a cold hamburger, than none at all.

How can you reasonably expect a young man to go hungry:question:, Get Real! :big_grin:

Rgds

Planey

C'mon Tomo,That's not the way we gentleman of the forums behave

Well, there are a few logistical things involved also...! ;)

I did volunteer to eat his burger so it wouldn't go cold... but... 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

Walter Monto is holding a Fly-in on 24th/25th April. This is also the Monto Show Weekend so it will be a big one. All the same rules apply as for the last one from last year. I will try to get more info shortly in regards to co-ords etc. Gundy

Well, there are a few logistical things involved also...! ;)I did volunteer to eat his burger so it wouldn't go cold... but... 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

Typical of a young bloke, just like my son.

"I still wanted to snazzle his seat in the taxi". That's understandable. Hope the burger gave you hic-ups".:black_eye:

Rgds

Planey

Yes Gazzawh it was me and thank you very much it got me out of trouble. It was the first of a couple of problems on the way down. The next was I needed a jump start at Gatton airpark then we landed on a private farm in Goondiwindi. It rained that night 25mm so it meant the black soil was soaked. We made some skids out of a truck bumper bar and drag my plane 800mtr through mud to a hard road so we could take off. Then the last was Tomgun(Tommo) put my hamburger in the fridge before he gave it to me (he said something about bacteria). The rest of the trip went extremly well. Gundy

Love it Gundy! If you cranked that tractor up to full speed.... probably only just over 30kph on that though, bit slow I guess. 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Great inginuity there Gundy 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif & thanks for showing me over your aircraft at Temora.:thumb_up:

You may remember your Dad introduced me to you. He had been visiting the couple in the caravan behind my camper trailer. (Dave & Peg?)

Cheers

H (Howard)

The rest of the trip went extremly well. Gundy

Once we met up, I kept Gundy outa trouble :thumb_up:

It was either the fridge, or sitting on it to keep it warm... :clown:

& thanks for showing me over your aircraft at Temora.

Jimny, you making people climb over it Gundy??