Rough idle on 503 after flight

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me with a question regarding rough idle speed after a flight I did today. I have a Airborne edge X with 503 rotax, it's been running fine, today it started well and I did normal warm ups and went for a local flight 80mins, cruising at 5,000 revs mostly between 1,500 - 2,000 ft, she purred like a kitten, no problems and CHT from memory seem to look usual... When I returned to circuit area I dropped down from 1,500 to 500ft pretty quickly and joined mid downwind, no problems all seemed fine.

Landed and taxied back to hanger and before I turned mags off with no throttle (at idle) noticed rpm's were low at 1000 - dropping to as low as 800 rpm, and rough as guts, when I applied throttle it sounded fine above 2000 and smooth at 3,000 rpm but when I took my foot off throttle it dropped back to 800ish rpm almost dying, I switched off each mag separately, and it almost died but kept going just...

Someone suggested I first replace spark plugs which I will do this week (15hrs on them so far), and said I should not really idle the trike below 2,000 rpm at any stage....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Mark

Mark,

Drop the carby bowls off (check and see if there is anything in the bowls) and give the float needles a tap as could possibly be a bit of crud holding the float needle open causing the carby to flood at idle revs.

Even with the bowls off and ignition switches off pull the motor through a few times as this will flush the float needles out.

Thats what is sounds like to me.

I'll give you a call from work when i get out there Tuesday.

Cheers

Alf