Cutting roof panel

Guest Redair

Greetings each, I am wondering if anyone else ran into problems with their roof panel (VG model). The manual states that the front corners of the roof panel have to be "cutted", (their words not mine) and gives measurements to get the required arcs. Do these alterations need to be made to the roof? I ask, as there are rivet holes drilled into this part of the roof panel, and it seems strange to be cutting them out, (i.m.h.o.). I really do not want to cut anything off, and then find that it was not required.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Redair.

Thanks Mark, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the XL have a full lexan roof? My roof is aluminium. No one else seems to know about this cutting procedure... I'm beginning to wonder if it was only in my manual! It might even be a left-over from the older models, as I still had the sections on fitting the slats to the leading edge of the wings.... but no slats in the VG kit!

Redair.

Red,

Do not cutted anything.

A very strong advantage (among the many) of the VG over the XL is the ally roof. Just take a look at people sitting out in in the sun under plastic during summer, as a matter of fact I have even fitted a sun shade to the roof lexan of my VG.

Mark

Redair, I did trim a bit out of the front corners of the roof panel. The best bet is to assemble the roof, the windscreen and the cover strips onto the frame with clecos and then you can work out where the inner edge of the wing skin will come to. You can see what needs to be done to make it neat then.

Peter

Red,Do not cutted anything.

A very strong advantage (among the many) of the VG over the XL is the ally roof. Just take a look at people sitting out in in the sun under plastic during summer, as a matter of fact I have even fitted a sun shade to the roof lexan of my VG.

Mark

I wonder, Mark, why XL owners just can't do the same: i.e., fit a sun shade to their (wider) lexan roof?

What are your thoughts?