Flying in the Kimberley's

Took my aerochute on a trip to the Kimberley’s a couple of weeks ago Had an awesome time flying around the escarpment, afternoon flights were a bit windy and gusty so I had to keep my distance and altitude in check but the morning flights were a dream. Had a good hay paddock to take off from at the Vic River Roadhouse and some unbelievable salt flats in Wyndhum that stretched for miles and were so smooth and I was able to drive around on the ground doing figure 8’s and turning circles. El Questro was another story lol it had an air strip with a fairly constant crosswind so I had to pick my moment and a first time pax that was scared shitless of heights but once I was in the air the scenery was breathtaking and one I will never forget

i have posted a movie on youtube if your interested the link is below

if it dosent work try copy and past on your browser

Thanks for that You put a fair bit of trust in your engine. nev

Hi Nev,

I expect with any emergency landing in the Top End there are other factors (with teeth) that us southerners don't normally consider.

Guest Maj Millard

Great stuff black cockatoo, thanks very much for sharing that with us.......good to see someone out there really living the adventure, and really seeing our great country in a fun way.............Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Fantastic! Spent ten good years in the Kimberley and I have to say, watching this made me feel homesick for the very first time.

Thanks for sharing.

Took my aerochute on a trip to the Kimberley’s a couple of weeks ago Had an awesome time flying around the escarpment, afternoon flights were a bit windy and gusty so I had to keep my distance and altitude in check but the morning flights were a dream. Had a good hay paddock to take off from at the Vic River Roadhouse and some unbelievable salt flats in Wyndhum that stretched for miles and were so smooth and I was able to drive around on the ground doing figure 8’s and turning circles. El Questro was another story lol it had an air strip with a fairly constant crosswind so I had to pick my moment and a first time pax that was scared shitless of heights but once I was in the air the scenery was breathtaking and one I will never forget i have posted a movie on youtube if your interested the link is below

if it dosent work try copy and past on your browser

Great stuff.Should be more of it. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Thanks Guys,

I suppose i do put alot of trust in my Engine but as the chute doesn’t go that fast I’m not too worried about an engine out i always carry an epirb and a satellite phone just in case but you are wright Cosmic if I land in some of the swamps I fly over the crocks would have me shitting myself

• Like 1