New bird to the forum!

zenonie

Can't help but notice all the blokes out there and no ladies to speak of. I found this site from the ad in the ATrader. Can't belive I haven't stumbled across this site before! :shock:

Living in such an isolated place as I do I love reading and participating in forums on subjects that interest me. So much info,expertise and help all in front of you.

I started flying in 89 in a Piper PA 28, flew WBJ around the south west of Q for 9 years mustering mainly, but some trips away and checking waters and fences after rain.

1998 saw us sell the piper for what we considered to be a better plane for the job, a Skyfox Gazelle which I am still flying these days. It's a beaut little plane for mustering but a trifle slow if you want to go somewhere.

Anyway I hope to have a bit of fun here and maybe learn something. Some of you people may even call in, on your way somewhere in the future. Cheers zenonie

Guest OzChris

Hi Zenonie - a huge warm welcome to you!

Great to have more females interested in the greatest thrill on earth - FLYING =D> =D> =D>

I love the Gazelle - very FUN a/c!! Like you say, as long as you dont wanna go any where in a hurry :lol:

Fantastic that you have decided to join in with us all here...

Again - WELCOME! :D

Guest Glenn

Hi Zenonie and welcome aboard!

We do have a couple female members but they haven't been sighted for ages. It's good to have you aboard. We do need more females.

Is that a lizard you are trying to eat?

Looking forward to hearing of your adventures.

Welcome once again to TAA

Hi and thanks for the welcome. Can't believe how fast this year is going. The tourist season is upon us already what with easter being so early. Got lots of visitors booked in to stay with us over easter. Supposed to have a LAME coming out this week to do the 100 hourly on the little skyfox. I hope he makes it out as we start our mustering here in about 3 weeks. c ya zenonie

Guest g_i_jack029

Howdy Zenonie,

Welcome to the TAA!

glenn said

Is that a lizard you are trying to eat?

mmmmm lizard

Zenonie, i was like you

When i found this website, i was shocked that i did't find it earlier!!!

And Glenn, the Atrader! was that the issue you were talking about awhile ago that had your ad???

COOL!!!

Good to have you on board Zenonie

Guest Glenn

Yes Jack, this month's edition of Aviation Trader has our ad in it. I haven't seen it yet. None of our newsagents carry it so have to get it when I go out of town one day.

Guest g_i_jack029

COOL AS, by the way, i just then properly read the first post, zenonie did mention the A trader 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif

Briliant Glenn!

need to put in a whole page display! :D

get 100s of people signing up :twisted:

What's the ad? ATader did an ad for us a year or so ago for free too. They are good to deal with. We put our little Kilcowera ad in when we think people are going to be flying around out here. IE Birdsville races, Innamincka races and just generally in the cooler months. zenonie

Guest Glenn
What's the ad? ATader did an ad for us a year or so ago for free too. They are good to deal with. We put our little Kilcowera ad in when we think people are going to be flying around out here. IE Birdsville races' date=' Innamincka races and just generally in the cooler months. zenonie[/quote']In your first post you said you found this site from the ad in Aviation Trader

Hey Zenonie,

I noticed that you mentioned your ad for Kilcowera and thought I'ld investigate more, particularly since I've had the Birdsville races experience years ago (GREAT)!! :D

I'm thinking about doing the trip again this year, so it's handy to have some places to visit along the way.

Is this your website ? http://www.kilcowera.com.au/

Yep that's us, we are also a member of outbackbeds.com more info on their about us and other interesting and out of the way places to stay. We have a massive pelican rookery on Lake Wyara which is our eastern boundary just got back from showing a few people around out there. There is in excess of 10,000 birds out there getting ready to breed, it's a stunning sight. There are some photos at http://forums.overlander.com.au/viewtop ... highlight= cheers zenonie