Age In Aviation

Hey guys. I've just started training for my Private pilots licence. My question is I'm 33 and have I left it to late to start on a carrer change to Aviation? i am currently only flying twice aweek but aim to increase that in the near future. Im Not worried about making a fourtune or flying for airlines.

Hi Mate, If your not worrried about making Heaps of cash.I mean staying with GA.Your not to old.Actually it may help.To a employer they may be able to keep you instead of building hours and taking off to the airlines.I have a relative who is a training Captain out of brissy.She did the hard yards, by that I mean she learnt her trade, flying GA and getting around 1500 plus

hours before joining Qantas Link.Anyway she and others are not realy happy ATM flying with cadets with 200 hours TT.Its a political thing.I fly for fun, not CPL or anything.I hope this helps mate.

Thank you for the reply, That is a great help. I will be getting my private no matter what as I have always loved the idea of flying but just never took that first step. Now I feel I am picking it up fast and enjoying myself at the sametime. I just dint know if it wa worth sinking all that money into CPL for no reason. My main goals are instrument, multiengine & maybe Instructor. (not sure how unrealistic that is but there ya go) ;) thanks again Dazza.

Guest David C

Hi Mate ... I think you have set very realistic goals there .. At your age , those goals can be achieved , make no mistake about that . The main thing is that you go out and enjoy your flying . All targets will fall into place as time rolls by , and if finance allows you will be flying that ILS approach in no time at all ... Best of luck .

Dave C

The most important thing for me was to ensure I knew what I wanted from my training, asked for it and got it. I keep getting asked if I want to go to CPL and the definite answer for me was 'no' because I have a job I actually like and it pays some bills. I think if I was seriously motivated to exit my career at 30 'something and never go back I'd be motivated to 'sell my soul for yaw pitch and roll'. Your soul will sing but your bank manager will cry