Flying into "Destiny"

Guest DWB

I know some of you have seen this elsewhere, but now removed, so I thought I'd post it here for the benefit of those at TAA. Camera Oregon Scientific ATC9K. Watch in up to 1080p full screen. Have since modified the mount to try & get more view/less canopy but haven't tried it.

Guest Michael Coates

OMG ! you are landing underneath powerlines ! WOW..... A braver person than me. I know exactly where you live and I know the area really well after spending a lot of time on the construction of the Ulan to Sandy Hollow rail link... I was a mining surveyor at the Ulan coal mine for about 15 years and involved with the establishment of the project which included the railway line construction which must have been in the very early 80s.

I must say however I have never seen that Valley look so good, it must be a great year whenever the footage was taken because it looks so green. When I was running up and down those roads it was the worst drought in history (at that time) it's good to see the area looking so lush....

Perhaps you know a little bit about the underground ammunition's storage area on the back hill ? I could tell you some stories about that place and what's inside their

Thanks Michael, are there some Mustangs or Spitfires sotred with the ammunition too?

Dex, I saw the approach in your old beast but not the new one.

Looks like a good set-up other than the power line !

Guest Michael Coates

No Spitfires or Mustangs unfortunately, but it is the largest ammunition storage area in the southern hemisphere

Guest Michael Coates
Bloody nice Dex, now I know exactly where you are, was trying to figure it out the other day ... nice spot.Sandy Hollow Australia's defense force biggest secret aye Michael?

No... Just an amazing facility, the size of the underground labyrinth and whats in there is amazing..... I was in underground coal mines for a long time and this places size leaves most of them to shame, and how they did it without too many people knowing is a story in itself.

If you fly over on a cold winters day you can see the size by the spacing on the exhaust fans which vent the facility to the surface.