Davidh10 pops up Here Too..

Guest DavidH10

Guest DavidH10

Gee there's a lot of familiar monicas about in these threads. I pondered the idea of using my Youtube monika here, but seeing all the familar ones decided to use the one that others will also recognise.

Reading some other posts, it seems we've adopted parliamentary speak (about "the other place") too.

So, for those who don't know already, I fly an Airborne XT912, started learning to fly two years ago and am really enjoying it. In that time I've logged about 230 hours and I've recently obtained my "F" endo and am continuing to pursue further learning in that area. In training last week conducted my first two element formation join-up for a four ship formation.

Guest BlackRod

G'day David nice to have your company on here.

Look forward to seeing you next Vid. Very much enjoyed the last lot of aerial views of my old "home town".

Psst . . . we try not to mention the "Senate" over here.

Guest DavidH10
G'day David, it's good to see you over here... I like the way you treat your engine...

Thanks Wayne. I figure If I look after it, it will look after me. My father always instilled the practise of buying good tools and looking after them, so they lasted a lifetime.

With the warmer weather comes the time to do some more practice glide approaches. I'm not keen on doing them in winter. The flight I referred to above in relation to the video was at minus 4 degrees.

Also, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome here.

Guest BlackRod

As one who has bought plenty of cheap tools over many years and regretted every purchase, :( I can support your father's theory David.

Guest JabJockey
As one who has bought plenty of cheap tools over many years and regretted every purchase, :( I can support your father's theory David.

Funny you mention that, my old man was of the "do it once and do it right" school of thought. From only buying high quality tools (he was a woodworker) to ensuring he took no shortcuts - it's something I try to do myself. I put together a cheap Ikea chest of drawers the other week. The addition of glue and adding more screws made it far better than standard, I could almost hear him peeking over my shoulder "well done lad" :)