Raaus Aircraft Register

red750

Hi Guys,

The RAAus Aircraft Register provides basic limited info about the aircraft on the register - reg. no., make, model, and year first registered. Is there anywhere that lists more detailed information? There are a number of online sources for VH registered aircraft that list: reg. no, make, model, serial no., year of manufacture, engine make, engine model, some even include propeller details, and owner details. The last two are not important for the purposes of my enquiry. See the following link. Search a Reg.No. for more comprehensive details.

http://www.16right.com/GetRego.php?Mark=+&Rhname=&Type=&submit=Search

What you've seen is all you'll get, which can be seen as a good thing or by some as a bad thing. I really wonder why VH aircraft rego's are so public. It really equates to having the RTA car rego information available online & I'm sure nobody would accept that.

Thanks, Dex.

It possible relates to the number of airliners, etc, where they often change registrations when they change owners, particularly when sold to another country. The only way to track the history of an airframe is by it's serial no. eg, the former Ansett ANA Electra VH-RMA now operating with Buffalo Airways in Alaska. Also, many aircraft are offered with a choice of engines (GE, P&W, RR, etc.)

I know this doesn't necessarily apply to LSA aircraft, although from this forum I have noted that some aircraft have a choice of engine (Jabiru, Rotax, etc.).

As indicated in my signature statement, I upload photos to a web database, particularly as the TAA gallery is temporarily unavailable, although I was uploading there before I came across TAA. Airliners.net is almost impossible to get photos accepted on, so I use airport-data.com, which has the same photo requirements as TAA, ie., the photographer screens his own photos, and they appear on the datatbase as soon as uploaded. However, the photos are linked to an aircraft profile as shown in the attached screen image. No personal detail is included.

722328991_aircraftprofile.thumb.jpg.81503ff9dcccb0b1a21a2f9e2227f3a1.jpg