Great Video Fro A380 Cockpit

Guest DWB

Thanks, Dexter, nice clip.

Call me old fashioned, but I like the way Boeing build artificial force feedback into their columns. I think there was some mention in the investigation into the French Airbus that went into the Atlantic, about one pilot pulling up on the stick & one pushing down at the same time & neither could feel the others input. I was only told that, I haven't read the report yet.

Cheers, Willie.

Guest David C

That's not an A380 Airbus , it's either an A320 or A321 .. It reminded me of a Cirrus SR20 I flew a couple of months ago , that had side sticks and a glass cockpit , a bit easier to land than a Airbus though !!

Dave C

That's not an A380 Airbus , it's either an A320 or A321 .. It reminded me of a Cirrus SR20 I flew a couple of months ago , that had side sticks and a glass cockpit , a bit easier to land than a Airbus though !!Dave C

OOOps my bad! Should've put my glasses on - could've sworn I read 380 on the TakeoffTube post on FB but I went back & had another look & it says 320. Thanks for correction Dave

Saw a program a couple of weeks ago called Flying Heavy Metal, in which Boeing 757 pilot and lead singer of Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson, flew the test Airbus A320 to it's limits (with a test pilot beside him). First, he rolled it to a 60 degree bank and released the side stick, and the plane brought itself back to wings level. He said normally he would not take an aircraft the size of the A320 beyond 20 to 25 degrees of bank. Then he reduced the throttles and pulled back on the side stick to induce a stall. The flight management system increased the thrust and climbed out at a very high nose attitude. This is obviously not new to you heavy metal guys, but may be of interest to the RA types.

PS. Did some Googling and found that Bruce will have to rely on his singing - his employer, Astraeus Airlines , was placed in administration and ceased operations while Bruce was flying 250 holidaymakers from Jeddah International Airport in Saudi Arabia, to Manchester

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2064355/Iron-Maidens-Bruce-Dickinson-job-Astraeus-Airlines-collapse.html#ixzz1isBg615o