Tecnam Taildragger

Spin

Was reading the latest Australian Flying newsletter and saw this beauty. Maybe just me, but she is much prettier than the tricycle version I think. Interesting though that a big company like Tecnam would spend the money to re-engineer the P-92, especially when RV, who originally designed only taildraggers, have said outright that there is no intention to make a TD version of the RV-12:(. RV's loss I believe, even if the numbers sold are small, their marketing impact should never be underestimated.

Another interesting snippit was that the Tecnam will be available with the O-233 as well as the 912/4 Rotaxes. Nothing like a bit of competition to keep Bombardier honest!

[ATTACH=full]968[/ATTACH]

Image courtesy Australian Flying

530386045_TecnamP92TailDraggerSIDE.gif.8b8a36cb86ca6ab6b333d78a47095b24.gif

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
Guest Michael Coates

I have seen the PDF draft of the January edition of Pacific Flyer Magazine and there is actually a flight test of this aircraft in the magazine.... also from memory there was a nice photo in the centrefold which I made comment would look nice on the wall of a hanger.

The test was completed immediately after Oshkosh and was very supportive of the plane and the concept they are trying to achieve, from memory there was also a little bit of a Tecnam history lesson in the article as well which made interesting reading