Minimum Aircraft

Spin

Dont think that, that would be allowed in Australia. CASA would have to get involved, because it would be too much fun.Remember the CASA motto "we are not happy until you are unhappy".LOL

Just kidding, I see them around SE QLD from time to time.Good fun I reckon, off Nth Stradbroke beach would be a great place, or Nth NSW empty beaches.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if he did fall over.

Here's the original armchair pilot, not really flying though, more like floating about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Walters

I seem to remember someone attempting it at high altitude in South America & never being seen again.

Cheers, Willie.

Yup a Brazilian priest no less, he disappeared out to sea; turns out he had neglected to learn how to use the GPS and radio properly, which might otherwise have allowed him to be rescued.:(

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/featured/cluster-ballooning-helium-baloons-strapped-to-chair/8823

Back to the original video, I was at school with Dave Briggs and have followed his wild and wooly adventures since. He has managed to bend and break enough bits of his body on a regular basis, that a little road rash would be neither here nor there. I flew one of the very early prototypes of those PPG's, powered by a little kart engine screaming away at 13,000rpm odd, a rather dicey experience! Back then we believed that you needed a larger wing to compensate for the increased weight, which meant some hairy collapses. There is something very appealing about a flying machine that fits in the back of the ute though and I wouldn't mind having a go at one of the modern ones. Maybe electric? As you say Dazza, a little early am cruise along the beach at Straddie would be pretty special.