Hello From The Uk!

Hi everyone,

I've signed up to here because i'm considering coming to Australia in September, hiring an aircraft and touring the country for a month or so with a freind of mine.

Im a 160hr JAR PPL, IMC The majority of my experiance is on pa28's but recently more a little L4 Cub.

I am also a disabled pilot. I'm a paraplegic and have no use of my legs.

this is where you guys help will be invaluable! does anyone know of any clubs in west Aus? (around Perth ideally)

that have aircraft hire with paraplegic modifications. most common is the vision air and is fitted to PA28'S and Cessna's

any thoughts would be very helpful.

hope to see you soon and thanks for reading.

Blue skies

Arthur.

Guest David C

Welcome Arthur ...Like Dex , I'm unable to provide you with any info , however , I do recommend the suggested link .

I will be going in the opposite direction to you in September , and flying hopefully from my old airfield of Halfpenny Green in the UK . You are probably aware of that airfield in the Midlands . I've been visiting there for many years , even as a kid on my pushbike to watch the Austers and the like just circuit bashing ... I now fly out of The Oaks , nr Sydney ..

Best wishes ,

Dave C

Unfortunately, due to regulations, it is unlikely you'll be able to solo or fly in command on your trip. Too much paperwork that's almost impossible to complete from abroad and can take months even when you are here.

So best you can hope for is flying with someone else...

Arthur, our club used to have a removable rudder "bar" as an approved mod for any PA-28 and I guess the link that cficare posted would provide that info.

If you go to the CASA website you will get info on how to validate your licence here. You should have enough time to organize it all. You will need an ASIC which requires a police check - and that takes the time.

Arthur, our club used to have a removable rudder "bar" as an approved mod for any PA-28 and I guess the link that cficare posted would provide that info.If you go to the CASA website you will get info on how to validate your licence here. You should have enough time to organize it all. You will need an ASIC which requires a police check - and that takes the time.

Brilliant information!

thank you david.

Guest aviatrix27

Welcome Arthur!

That CASA website is www.casa.gov.au. I recently had a friend visiting from the US who wanted to fly while here, he had very little notice that he was even coming. We managed to organise everything through a flying school to have his licence recognised, and since he was always flying with local pilots, at least 'in company' he did not require an ASIC. Since you have time, you should at least try!

To find flying schools in Perth, search flying schools Jandakot - that's the name of the GA airport in Perth.

Guest Michael Coates

it was my understanding that you need to be an Australian citizen to be a holder of the ridiculous "ASIC"

Guest Darren Masters
it was my understanding that you need to be an Australian citizen to be a holder of the ridiculous "ASIC"

Not as far as I am aware as we have crew (whom are not Aust citizens) that hold ASICS.

Guest Darren Masters

Oh, and welcome to TAA Arthur. Hope you find the information you are looking for :)

...... and since he was always flying with local pilots, at least 'in company' he did not require an ASIC. Since you have time, you should at least try!....

You need an ASIC or an AVID to exercise the privileges of a licence. Flight crew at a security controlled airport need their own ASIC to be airside.Special requirements for UK licence holders - I guess the same process for a JAA licence if issued by UK CAA. http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90024#validation