Accommodation In Murray Bridge

I have in the last week, just got my pilots licence. I also own a motel in Murray Bridge, South Australia - 10 minutes from YMBD. If your flying in and would like to receive a free transfer from and to Murray Bridge airfield - check out my website and give me a call. Thanks Jeremy 08 85311411

www. balconyonsixth.com.au

Welcome to TAA Jeremy. Well done on getting that licence. PPL? Hope you enjoy it here, friendly bunch. Looks like a very nice place to stay you have there in Murray Bridge. One day.......

Hi Jeremy,

Balcony on Sixth looks gorgeous. I was just thinking about stopping a night at Murray Bridge on a flight down to Kangaroo Island later this year, so will definitely give you a yell and come and stay. I'd love to see it first hand so i can include it on my website: www.flyingtheoutback.com.au

Congratulations on your PPL. Here's to wonderful times ahead!

my website: www.flyingtheoutback.com.auHere's to wonderful times ahead!

Wow Shelley! You should've started your own thread I think. I see you've just joined TAA this week as well so a hearty welcome to you too. I've had a bit of a squiz at your web site & have now bookmarked it to return to. Great stuff. Please share here as well.

Have you found out where you want to go on KI yet? I have some good information for you! B&Bs with airstrips, wineries with strips, private strip... :) I love going there, so let us know when you come down this way and we might catch up over there!

Have you found out where you want to go on KI yet? I have some good information for you! B&Bs with airstrips, wineries with strips, private strip... :) I love going there, so let us know when you come down this way and we might catch up over there!

Thanks Bas, how fabulous. I've just come back from taking a plane load of crazy girls out to the Flinders etc over Easter, which required a fair bit of organising, so havent looked into Kangaroo Island yet. I've seen lots of potential over the years however! All those strips, all those welcoming faces... And wineries .... Can't wait. I shall definitely seek your local guidance re the best spots. That's lovely of you to offer.

Cheers

Shelley

Hi again Bas,

Is that your real name? This is the first forum I've ever joined and I'm finding it weird talking to people without using their own name. Anyway, I'll catch on I guess.

Just wanted to enthuse you to start looking for that Local Travel Guru hat of yours, so you can slowly feed me some good oil about where to stay on Kangaroo Island.

It looks as though we'll probably come down for a couple of nights around the weekend of 27th October (I know, that's ages away, but I'm a reeeeeeally early planner) so any recommendations about strips, accom and car hire would be really welcome. Thanks so much.

Yes, Bas is my real name! I don't mind people using pseudonyms, as long as they don't use it so they can anonymously abuse people or "stir things up".

Anyway: KI. I have never stayed here, but Muston Heights is what everyone recommends for accommodation. You can land right next to the house and they can arrange a car for you: http://www.kangaroo-island-au.com/muston/ It's not on the map, but if you have OzRunways, it is in there as YJOH "Johnson Airstrip".

YKSC is a terribly unfriendly airport; there is nothing there and it's a pain to find someone to drive you into town and it costs an arm and a leg. There is also no fuel, you'll need to get that from the mainland. Aldinga or Goolwa will do.

Lunch at Chapman River wines: http://www.goodfoodkangarooisland.com/wine/chapmanriverwines.asp They too have their own strip (phone ahead so there's no sheep on it) The airstrip is about 800m grass and gets regular use. It’s roughly 16/34 and has a power line a the Southern end and some small trees at the Northern end. The windsock is at the South Eastern end. S035 47.7 E138 04.1.

Next to Chapman River wines is http://kiecocabins.com/ I don't know much about them, but it is another place you can stay.

Hope that's a good start. :)

I have in the last week, just got my pilots licence. I also own a motel in Murray Bridge, South Australia - 10 minutes from YMBD. If your flying in and would like to receive a free transfer from and to Murray Bridge airfield - check out my website and give me a call. Thanks Jeremy 08 85311411www. balconyonsixth.com.au

Hi again Jeremy. I put a little notice on my website http://www.flyingtheoutback.com.au/blog/n/murray-bridge-anyone-120504 to tell people about Balcony on Sixth. If you'd like to email me a photo to accompany it, feel free. I've just put a generic aircraft pic there in the meantime.

Yes, Bas is my real name! I don't mind people using pseudonyms, as long as they don't use it so they can anonymously abuse people or "stir things up".Anyway: KI. I have never stayed here, but Muston Heights is what everyone recommends for accommodation. You can land right next to the house and they can arrange a car for you: http://www.kangaroo-island-au.com/muston/ It's not on the map, but if you have OzRunways, it is in there as YJOH "Johnson Airstrip".

YKSC is a terribly unfriendly airport; there is nothing there and it's a pain to find someone to drive you into town and it costs an arm and a leg. There is also no fuel, you'll need to get that from the mainland. Aldinga or Goolwa will do.

Lunch at Chapman River wines: http://www.goodfoodkangarooisland.com/wine/chapmanriverwines.asp They too have their own strip (phone ahead so there's no sheep on it) The airstrip is about 800m grass and gets regular use. It’s roughly 16/34 and has a power line a the Southern end and some small trees at the Northern end. The windsock is at the South Eastern end. S035 47.7 E138 04.1.

Next to Chapman River wines is http://kiecocabins.com/ I don't know much about them, but it is another place you can stay.

Hope that's a good start. :)

Thanks Bas - that's fantastic. I'll get on to it!

Cheers

Shelley

• 10 months later...