Hi all

Toady

Hi, Just joined my first forum. Achieved my RAA cert in September '14. I have a Jab UL500 3300 that is about 95% ready and about 95% to go.(I've promised myself it will fly by July but I also promised myself it would fly by March)

Hi, thanks. It's a rebuild actually. The 'plane was first built in '98. I have had it for about 10 months. No pictures worth viewing yet but if I'm not too ashamed of it when I'm finished I'll post something. I'm trying to bring it up to all current specs. Engine rebuild, rewire, undercarriage, brakes, partial repaint, 12 channel egt/cht. I'm waiting on a custom vhf/uhf/intercom system. Having a ball. Tell me a bit about the Avocet.

the avocets a design idea I came up with a few years ago when the 760kg weight increase was going to happen ,

it's basically an ultralight ute , or panel van ,with the back opening doors allows a motorbike or a stretcher to fit in , but as the rules are now it's limited to 600 kg.

there's some more stuff on the web,

Google mike sharples avocet

cheers Mike

• Informative 1

Thanks Mike, yes I have been on the web having a look at some of it in the last few minutes. It's fascinating and a pity they don't seem to be able to settle on a sensible set of rules. Although I have always had a love of flying I have only just scratched the surface as far as getting involved in aviation and in particular Jabirus.(Usual late starter) I have a long way to go compared to your experience and I am only beginning to understand the complexities of this new hobby. Thank you for you warm welcome, I will watch your posts with keen interest and perhaps meet you some day if I can ever get to a fly in.

Cheers Jim.

• Like 1

Hi Toady, welcome aboard. Hope you get Jab finished as soon as you can so you can enjoy it, and get some pics up.

On a side note, do also have a Delorian with flux capacitor?Saw you got your cert in sept. 2014?003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Welcome to the forums Toady, good to have you aboard.

Good luck with getting the Jabby finished.

Hope you're wrong with the 95% finished, 95% to go estimate.

Kind Regards

Planey