Poor pilot VS Trailing link suspension

SDQDI

[MEDIA=vimeo]104490618[/MEDIA]

I have been going through some of my early GoPro footage.

Not sure if this will work as this is a lot of firsts for me, its the first time I have edited a video (put music with it then can't figure out how to remove it), also the first time I have uploaded a video (seemed easy enough with vimeo).

This video was taken in approximately april this year after our sorghum harvest (the roads had a few ruts left over from harvest) I had my cousin Mark with me and we had been for a local flight enjoying some smooth air.

The road I landed on was a little rough and I thought it would be a good video to share to show the trailing link at work, I was hanging to the left of the road to try and avoid most of the ruts but got a little close to the tailwater return on the left and you will see the left side get a fair workout going over tractor ruts coming out of the channel. It wasn't my best landing by far, I had done a long straight in with a little power on and wasn't using full flap (Was still working on my part flap landings) it all felt silky smooth in the cockpit but I let the tailwheel down a little early to slow us up slightly quicker but in hindsight a longer roll out would have been gentler albeit we would have had a marginally longer taxi back through the rough stuff. I also didn't keep enough momentum in the turn and got slightly stuck in a rut as we turned augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif. Anyway there is a lot to be learned from going over old footage and I do like to think I have improved but I guess I am slightly biased in that opinion 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif.

I have also been thinking a little about my GoPro positioning, I like the view from where I have this camera but I have cracked one mount taxiing through some taller weeds but what do you all think? it does give an unequalled view of landing/takeoff mistakes, I have seen quite a few mounted out under one wing pointing back at the cockpit and I also have a mount out there but I cant get used to the sideways view. I have seen a few videos from cameras mounted high on the vertical stabiliser and I do like that view but it hides quiet a bit of the ground.

anyway flame me if you like im pretty thick so can take a bit:whistling:

• Like 3

Nice video. Those tyres sure look little- especially compared to the current ones! The camera feels like it would be scraped off if you had to land in crop.

lol OK they are the current ones............. see they wouldn't be so bad on the jodel:yes:

Nice video, I haven't tried the camera underneath ,I've got some with it under the horizontal stab though. I did a few totally crap landings with the camera on a while back and at the time I thought there's no way that'll go on utube, after watching the footage what seemed like a horrible skip( bounce???) was barely visible .

Nice video, I haven't tried the camera underneath ,I've got some with it under the horizontal stab though. I did a few totally crap landings with the camera on a while back and at the time I thought there's no way that'll go on utube, after watching the footage what seemed like a horrible skip( bounce???) was barely visible .

When out at the Inlaws I took my soon to be sister Inlaw up for a lap and it worked out that straight after lunch was the only time we had so I warned her about how bumpy it could be but she was keen so up we went, it was VERY bumpy but she loved it (I thought she was being brave but turns out she really did enjoy it). On our return I landed beside a track on a fire break that I had landed on earlier that day (it had been ploughed with offset discs so was slightly bumpy but had no ruts in it like the road) BUT I landed about 100 metres further along than I had earlier as I was using power to try and make it a bit more pleasant for her and my mistimed touchdown combined right at the wrong time with a fair sized bump that wasn't visible (it was all ploughed so the bump blended in) and we ballooned a bit and then settled, I had recorded the whole trip for her but reviewing the video I was so disgusted with the perfect picture of my stuff up that I never have given it to her lol. I was just looking at it again the other day and had to laugh at my own stupidity, anyway maybe I'll edit the bounce out and show her then :-)

• Like 1