Hi Everyone - new to flying

BillLipson

image.jpg.129ba25265e61f40e70120ecbb3f2809.jpg Just completed my first lesson in a Drifter out of Gympie QLD. Loved it and really hooked. Thinking of buying a second hand XAir and would really like to meet any owners who currently have XAirs in SE Qld to talk pros and cons.
  • Like 1

Hi Bill, & welcome to a great sport - and this board.

Re your interest in a secondhand XAir, this guy is is in Queensland & is selling a Thruster you might like: see here

cheers

Bruce

Hi Bill, & welcome to a great sport - and this board.Re your interest in a secondhand XAir, this guy is is in Queensland & is selling a Thruster you might like: see here

cheers

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. Appreciated. Bill

Welcome Bill.There is nothing quiet like flying so please keep us updated with your progress. How did you get interested in it? Has it been a long term aim or a spur decision?

Thanks for your good wishes. I caught up with an old friend in the Whitsundays recently and he has been flying ultralights for a lot of years. I've done a lot of long distance sailing and found the similarities between that and cross country flying uncanny (airfoil dynamics, navigation, small engine maintenance, safety procedures, voyage planning, et). A little bit of web research later and the bug has bitten!