Orien formation

Yesterday I saw 4 Orion's in a tight diamond formation flying northwards over Port Noarlunga at about 1000'. These were accompanied by a small red and white plane, a jet I think, similar to a JP or Gnat. Heading for Adelaide and RAAF Edinburgh I guess. Any one else see them?

• 1 month later...

yep ive seen a orion, today i went down to the Port Norlunga jetty for fishing then out of no where a 1 Orion came out out of no where and flew around the jetty twice, really low too. i managed to capture it on video 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif . I have no idea why it was flying around their, ive been to porties alot and never seen any fly there.

Ah, a local boy. Find that video and post it please. After that, please introduce yourself and tell us your flying history.

Back to Orions, a few years back I saw the tops of the tail fin pass by on Commercial Road. That made him about zero feet off the beach (Seaford cliffs.) They sure like to impress folk.

Here the link to my video I posted it on youtube I dunno how to put it onto this site, but yeah.

Well I have no flying history what so ever , not really know anything about planes and stuff but just something that caught my interest, which I thought to share. hope the link worked let me know if it did or not.

• Like 1

Had some RAAF trainers come to my local airport for a visit and I asked what alt the came at.

Their reply "250 feet....down the coast......high enough above the ground and low enough to miss other aircraft".