Airfield fees

Guest danda

Hi all I am trying to find out what the general annual cost most of you are charged at your local airfields.

The reason being I am on the committee for the Holbrook airfield and council has asked us to recommended a price rise.

Do commercial operators pay a much higher price, does the CFI pay a higher annual fee.

At the moment I believe that there are a few gaining profit from the use of the airfield yet because they don't own an aircraft they pay nothing, then there are those who have more then one aircraft should they be charged half the original fee for every other aircraft they own over and above the original aircraft? At present a rate payer pays half the fees charged and given they are the greater users of the airfield is this a fair system given that the rates charged are more than half than those charged in the township. The maintenance at Holbrook is extremely poor and the money raised through these fees go's to maintaining the airfield.

I would appreciate any input to ensure that the fees charged are fair yet enough to not only maintain but improve the airfield.

Don

Guest Andys@coffs

Hi Don

At Gawler I pay an annual subscription to the Adelaide soaring club, who are the operators of the field on behalf of the light regional council. Fees this year are changing and I suspect the cost for a 12 month period will be between 300 and 500 dollars and entitles me to t/o and land as much as i want in addition to other non opps related activites. The reason for the uncertainty in costs is that this yr there will potentially be some significant changes to the ASC operations, its staff and the aircraft that the club owns. When that bottoms out the committee will set the subs rates (sometime in the next monthor so). As I understand it, you cant be a regular user of the airfield and not be a member of the ASC.

Additionally I pay a $170 pa fee for my hangar site. I have 2 different aircraft but there is no distiction in the cost structure for the amount of aircraft. As they are personally owned, and operated only by me the number of aircraft becomes irrelevant as I cant fly both at the same time, for twice the fun.

We also make no distinction between normal members and CFI's, mainly because most of the instructing work is done at no cost by the instructors on behalf of the club.

Andy

Guest Nelson Smith

At Latrobe Valley we pay for the area of land that we lease for the hangar.Including outriggers for doors.

This amounts to $390 plus $360 insurance (public liability) plus $110 for the use of the airport

Nelson

Hi Don, I am just in the process of trying to put a hanger at Bacchus Marsh, the costs are $2 p/sq mtr for a hanger plus the apron out the front and $400 annual fees for a 2 seater aircraft, $500 for a 4 seater and$600 for a 6 seater anything different is by arrangement, hope this helps.

Brian

Probably not a good comparison but at Canberra Airport the fee structure is based on a MTOW charge (pro rata) depending on whether you park on the grass, on the tarmac or in a hangar. There's hangar 'lease' charges based on area (m2) for those fortunate enough to have a hangar. The fees include all landing and airways charges. When we had the Sportstar we paid somewhere around $1700 per year to keep it on the tarmac, we pay a little more now (somewhere around $1800 I think) for the CT4 and keep it on the grass.

I found someone to share and we have a lease at Goolwa which is $25,000 for 25 years -- we built a hangar on it for $25,000 -- 12m by 12m - superbly constructed with concrete floor -- and it houses a Jab 230 and my cobra arrow. So it is costing about 1000 a year each, with no extra costs,( includes runway/landing fees)

I think it is a bargain for what we get.

Thank you all It has given me some idea we will be selling blocks not leasing them you will be able to build a hanger and a residence on most of the blocks with a few set aside for hanger only the blocks should retail for about $40 to $50 thousand dollars cheap rates and a airfields usage fee P.A.

So I think all in all it's pretty good bargain.

Don