Fuel lines

icam

While tracing the fuel lines on a Quicksilver GT 500 out of curiosity,a simple flick with the fingers caused the line to disintergrate and the more I tried to stop the flow the more it fell apart till in the end I had two flows of fuel into the rear cockpit area.Fortunately this happened on the ground.How long is it since you checked your fuel lines?

Hi icam

My first plane was a GT500 and the fuel lines were pretty much under the covers and run along the underside of the 2inch root tube and not exposed to direct sunlight. I would be very interested in finding out the fuel line used for your aircraft in the first place?

Great post and informative.

Knighty

Its not my aircraft Knighty, however I am currently flying it as a recent convert from ga. This line was the cross flow line for the two tanks and out of the direct sunlight. I am certain this has now been rectified and unlikely to happen again with this aircraft,however I thought it worth a mention as others may unknowingly have the same problem. Otherwise a fun aeroplane to fly and loving being a part of RA aus.

I had a problem with fuel lines a few years ago and informed AUF as it was then. I am interested in knowing what type of line you had a problem with. Mine was near new blue tinged plastic fuel line.

This was not so new plastic,possibly clear originally. Most of the lines had been replaced but this, for whatever reason ,had not. Probably because it was't exposed to the elements.