just landed from Elwood

Guest Skydog

Hi All in this fantastic community. From what I have read in the last hour this site is very useful and supportive so look forward to logging in now and then to see what hot to trot in the RAA world.

Like all pilots I would love a bird of my own but after having done over 1000 skydives I now think at my age a plane is a lot more my speed.

Thanks to the enthusiastic people at RAA and this forum who make it happen for us.:;)3:

I hope so too mate, I broke 2 ankles with too high a flare under square canopies and dont wont to break any gear in an aircraft landing thats for sure

I gave it up before they had square canopies. Did my first ever jump under a 7TU, which I afterwards found out I had packed myself. A wonderful feeling when it opens cleanly. We had a novice a bit later who had a malfunction on his first jump, handled it really well and went back up again.

Can't do it now as I have got too old and the elasticity has gone from the joints. Ah memories.

Neil

A clever observation and one that could be put to any skydiver and evoke a thought unlike the old proverbial "why would you want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

For the thrill of course. Nowadays like Yenn I am getting too old to jump seriously again but the boys at Tooradin have asked if I would like to throw them out of the 206 anytime!

Thanks

Yenn

I just got back from a jog and I know what you mean the bones couldnt take a hard landing anymore however 99% of the time the landing is like stepping of a chair, its the 100th one that gets ya.

I started on roundies too in 77 at Labertouche Gippsland progressing to squares on my 40th jump, quite a transistion also was in the first "4 stack" where you "sit" on top of other canopies for want of a better description.

Those were the days.....................

Whats the starlet like to fly TAS etc