Jaylo

Guest Jaylo

Hi all,

Just joined, but have been around in the background for quite a while.

I own jointly with Tony Hayes a Thruster T300 which between us we are developing into the Thruster Swift super thruster. And at the same time fitting in learning to fly and airframe work.

I am plesed to be here and add to the member of ladies on these forums.

Lois

Welcome Lois.

How about some more on the thruster project. I still nave more hours on a thruster than any other aircraft, but that will not be for much longer as my Corby hours are rapidly closing on it.

Answer to Ian

Hi Ian,

There is a lot of information on the Swift project on the Thruster forum – but here is an outline for those that do not go there.

The object is to make a standard production Thruster cruise faster, more economically and comfortably by putting onto it various new fittings. This is the work that myself and Tony are doing and all the new parts will be Engineer approved so that other owners will be able to use them.

Our first job is to make the Thruster easier to land and therefore a better trainer. This is being done by reducing the wing angle of incidence.

Then we are putting on flapperons (including reflex), rudder and elevator trim tabs, a new design pod, anti interference drag fairing above the cockpit, wheel brakes and spats, rear fuselage enclosure, new design simpler heavy duty undercarriage, aerofoil section lift struts, tail unit control enhancers, four outlet ventilator system, new door design with map pockets. And the big bit will be doing a UK modification that will take the MTOW up to 450kg.

It is going to be quite a Thruster. This is a photo of it as it is at the moment – just ready to start the work on it.

Thank you for the interest

Lois

Hi Guy,

Yes I'm learning on the Thruster. I havn't done a lot yet as I found working on the aircraft very interesting. The T300 was a mess on a trailer when I got it and it took two years to re-build, so I learned a lot. I loved learning about the structual and mechanical side more than flying at the time. I've been away from it for the last 6 months and have just come back to it.

Other than that I have had a couple of TIF's in a Skyfox (Caboolture), general flying in a Lightwing (Warwick), Sparrow(Beaudesert), TST and a Glasshouse and some instructional flying in the T300.(Watts Bridge).

Lois