Hows the Weather?

Uncle Chop Chop

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chainsaw

Well well, have aircon but don't need it. A balmy 28 degrees here. Maybe 30 tomorrow. That's outside. Inside, about 23 degrees. The long and wide veranda's create a nice circulation of air. Ok, I have a ceiling fan on low during the afternoon.

I can't help it if you lot choose to live where you do...

Guest Darren Masters

27.4 here at the moment @ 20.45. More hot hot days on the way (35) most days. I can't stand it when it's hot and sticky in the night. Very hard to sleep. Sydney has been a little humid too which makes it worse.

TIP Lots of nice cold bottled water beside the bed (or out of the fridge in the night) helps. Yes, water not beer!!

Good post Chop.

Guest Chainsaw

Even though the temp is not too bad here, we need rain. The dryness of the last/this week has changed the landscape in an amazing way from everything green to brown. We have had a lot of dry wind too, and that is drying up the dams. We may need to feed the cattle hay by hand if this keeps up. There is still a reasonable amount of feed, but I can't see it lasting for the rest of summer.

I do hate the humidity of the coastal regions (Sydney etc). Comfort-wise the dry air is great. When you hang the washing out, by the time you have put the third item up, the first is dry! I must drink litres of water each day.

Plenty of snakes around now, so I need to watch where I walk...or what I walk on!

(hey Robbo, we have not used the aircon once ever!, just no need)

Guest Darren Masters

I saw the same thing over the weekend at my folks place Chainy. Luckily, there is a little more feed after dad got rid of the sheep and sprayed most of the place.I'm still trying to convince him he needs to buy me a little R22 chopper and the spraying will be faster :biggrin:

Plenty of snakes around now, so I need to watch where I walk...or what I walk on!

I caught a copperhead early this morning. Look out don't mention the "s" word or trix will hit ya over the head. She hates em :biggrin:

45.7 yesterday. Made for a very short spotting day that's for certain. By 1030 it was 40. Today's forecast is 44, but then it was "only" forecast to be 42 yesterday. I have been in hot muggy days, but I think yesterday was the highest temperature without heat-index I have ever experienced. It's 0542 and already 36.1 today.

Guest Darren Masters
Just a reminder to you all today, please keep yourselves well hydrated.

Yes, not with beer either Glenn and Robbo. Lots of water.

Guest airsick

Two words - too hot!

Went for a quick fly yesterday and the plane would hardly climb given the temp/pressure and to make matters worse I had to keep the nose down to get airflow over the engine to keep it cool. Once I was up it was nice and smooth but it was a long slow climb!

Guest aviatrix27

Friends of mine flew yesterday from Caboolture to Albury. When I collected them from YMAY, they weren't well... At least they are now in an airconditioned cabin, I'm in a camper trailer with a fan. Canvas may provide shade, but it's no protection from heat.