Tooradin Airfield Restaurant Closing

Guest PeterW

Guest PeterW

Sadly the restaurant at Tooradin Airfield (Wings n Fins) will be closing its doors after lunch next Sunday 19th July. I guess we will hear the official reason before long but if you have ever enjoyed a meal at the restaurant and would like to go again, you had better get in quick!

Guest Michael Coates

I have eaten there several times and I must say it has always been absolutely terrific, first-class food every time I've been there. It will be a shame to see it go because there are very few restaurants attached to airfields in Australia (unlike the USA)

I remember flying into Tooradin one day to see the previous owner before Gary purchased it and a ****** jazz band started doing there stuff and walking out to greet our trusty C310 some good food there :)

I think I recall that day Robbo, perhaps it was the RACV Wings and Wheels expo? I was a display pilot there. I think that's the only time I've ever seen a Jazz band there!

Not sure, Jab I will go through photos and see pics if i have them.

Yes chainy apart from being busy my computer went for a swim in the bath. Damn it was watching plane plotter in bath and it slipped ! Actually was watching tv to

Guest Darren Masters

I ate there a few years ago and found it was ok. Can't recall what I ate but something simple like chicken parmi or something like that :confused:

Guest airsick

Robbo naked in the bath. I haven't met you Robbo and don't mean any offence but there's a picture I didn't want in my head... :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

There is a BBQ celebrating the opening tomorrow (22nd) from 2pm.

The office area has all been revamped & painted - very swish looking now, with couches, computers, kitchen, briefing room. Ian Loveridge is CFI - all is looking good so come along & have a sticky beak.

H

[ATTACH]626.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17957[/ATTACH]

1276610698_OPENINGINVITATION(Medium).jpg.7dd3c5dc06057516902aa7bda08043e8.jpg