Qwerty is a naughty boy

TAA Qwerty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darren Masters

Good to have some of you characters from 'the other place' here. Missed you all You will find it all friendly and lotsa (is that a word) fun here.

Keep it up guys, but do remember to play nice in serious threads.

Please explain!......I am actually not sure what play nice means, I guess I will barge on in and wait to be told. I am told that I have a Phd in sarcasm but I am afraid that I don't even know what sarcasm is other than saying something that is not true????:chairshot:

Love you all

Excellent, I could do with some loving............:fighting0055:

Yep, its great, I am thinking that anyone who doesn't throw sticks or abuse at me is in my veryown fan club.............Hey, this is my delusion, I can construct it however I want......roght Tonto?............Yes Keemo Sarbie. :grouphug: :crazy2: :crazy_pilot:

Good to see you over here Qwerty, seems the reception is a lot more warm and fuzzy compared to "the other place" so I've decided to come and join you.

Heaven forbid, Mike and I over there had an idea and got slaughtered for it. There's been many other issues so I've chosen to distance myself as much as I can.

Seems like a ****** good bunch on here, a bit more relaxed I should say, so hope you guys don't mind me sticking around a bit.

Good to see you over here Qwerty, seems the reception is a lot more warm and fuzzy compared to "the other place" so I've decided to come and join you.Heaven forbid, Mike and I over there had an idea and got slaughtered for it. There's been many other issues so I've chosen to distance myself as much as I can.

Seems like a ****** good bunch on here, a bit more relaxed I should say, so hope you guys don't mind me sticking around a bit.

Brent... I was disgusted to see the nasty response from "he" when you aired your good idea over at the dark side... Of course accompanied by the "I do this all for you at great personal cost" rant... Again. In my opinion people who truly are acting in the interests of others don't take every opportunity to blow their own horn and remind every one within earshot.

The question is what can be done about it... I don't think this sort of rubbish is acceptable from a Board Member of our Ra-Aus and in my opinion the reason behind it is a take over campaign... and if that happens heaven help our organisation because it will be his way or the highway. I see a major conflict of interest. Has anyone raised this with Ra-Aus yet?

Guest Michael Coates

The big problem is that the RAA actually support his website and you can see a nice link to it from the front page http://www.raa.asn.au

In my opinion with their endorsement of his forums and website they are actually approving all of the activities which go on there and the associated dribble that goes with it !

So what do we do Michael... I have been toying with the idea of letting Ra-Aus know about my concerns... The impression I have gotten lately is that "he" has lost a bit of support lately... Some of that from Ra-Aus board members. There has even been a proposal for "he" to provide a new Ra-Aus sight... surprise, surprise it looks exactly like his own sight. At least there have been some posters pointing out that it looks like he is trying to take over Ra-Aus... something that never would have happened a year ago... but then it was not clear what his motive was back then and I think a lot more people are starting to see the light.

I have to say that I've been extremely disappointed by a number of things he's said and done but I reckon if he keeps it up then he'll be the one that undoes everything for him self. He seems very much in self destruct mode when he doesn't get his own way or if someone is looking like stepping on his toes.

I think the site has pretty much turned onto his own small empire and like I did, everyone who's supporting him now will get burnt by him somehow in the future.

If I was RAAus, I'd very much be looking at reconsidering his position as board member.

Anyhow, what will be, will be! I'll just grab my popcorn, sit back and watch the show!

I still can't help visiting... I have recently decided that anything new that I would post there will now go here and hopefully if we all take the same attitude we can build this sight into something real special.

I still can't help visiting... I have recently decided that anything new that I would post there will now go here and hopefully if we all take the same attitude we can build this sight into something real special.

You mean you'll put it here first THEN go over there and throw it up lol!

Yeah I think there's still a number of members there who are good value, some of those are staff but most aren't.

I've checked out this site and there's so much more with all kinds of aviation, that's what impresses me. It's not just RAAus stuff but I bet it can be just as big, if not, bigger than the other site for RAAus stuff if that's what the owners here want.

The layout is more friendly and there's heaps to look at on every page.

Also the fact that here's more rotor stuff in here is a big thing for me to.

Guest Chainsaw
...I've checked out this site and there's so much more with all kinds of aviation, that's what impresses me. It's not just RAAus stuff but I bet it can be just as big, if not, bigger than the other site for RAAus stuff if that's what the owners here want.The layout is more friendly and there's heaps to look at on every page.

Also the fact that here's more rotor stuff in here is a big thing for me to.

Thanks for the compliment Brett, Glenn and many others have worked hard to make this site as good as it currently is. More members with knowledge who contribute will only make this even better...for the benefit of the community.

"You mean you'll put it here first THEN go over there and throw it up lol!"

Lol mate... I am trying to kick the habit... actually it was just last night after I posted a whole heap of stuff that I found interesting when the thought came to me... so I am going to make a big effort to put it all here... Hope it doesn't annoy the admins too much!

The biggest problem here is as you said... for me not enough of the Ra-Aus practical conversation with its banter we all enjoy so much... but just the last few days have shown that this sight can be just as good if we all come contribute. I guess a forum is only as strong as its members allow it to be.

P.S. My 6 year old daughter is sitting beside me asking who are typing too... she asked me to tell you all that she can count to 100. Lol

Hey guys, Good to see you BrettC, how goes the training.

The guys here are pretty laid back, lots of plane spotting and HEAPS of pics. I started posting here and chatting and things sort of got going. I hope these blokes dont mind the invasion of us rats looking for a life raft. Its a good site and as you say only as good as the participants (including the moderators) make it.

Lets keep it all positive though, I have had enough **** in my life and still get a bit of it from time to time, I like it here, nice, friendly and full of aviation nuts like me.

BTW Ive posted a bugger of a pic in the "guess the airstrip" competition.

Guest Chainsaw

Well, I'm not a nut. How could I be? Just because I have 2 screens - one with Planeplotter all day/night and the other with SBS Basestation and Active Display, listening to ATC and reading all your posts (yep, every one), and when ANY plane goes by, I run outside. Me nuts, nope LOL

This morning an alert came up for a C17, I ran outside, sure enough a USAF C17 flying over.

Yes Q, I do like the family values (read niceness) on here. We are pretty laid back. Thats because we all have a great love of this wonderful hobby and wish to share our experiences with everybody without any stress. Hey, why spoil a good thing? As you can see, Glenn has done an amazing job over the past 5 years.

FYI, I don't fly, I just like to watch and learn.

No I'm not nuts, just obsessed!

Welcome aboard the whole lot of you :)

Thank you all for your comments, it's very much appreciated and seeing you happy here makes me happy and knowing that my years of hard work is paying off.

I still love you all, but not as much as my ClareBear

BTW Ive posted a bugger of a pic in the "guess the airstrip" competition.

Sure is hard to find - I couldn't even find the thread!

I've been watching a story on the ABC about a toxic forest in NE Tasmania, they said the trees were Genetically Modified and produced the toxins which flowed down the streams and all but wiped out the Oyster farmers in the bay. Looks like an interesting lawsuit coming up.

Guest Darren Masters

Wow this thread has blossomed into a huge flower! Welcome aboard to all our new members Really good to have you here. Please please feel free to contribute all that you want. Everything aviation-related (and indeed non-aviation related if you so desire) is welcome here. Hey, some of you guys may encourage me to get outta the Scarebus more and back into some more rec stuff. Been missing it :frown: Yes, we can be your life raft here and feel free to speak when you wish. Now back to my online injury report. One of my crew members burned her hand with hot water. Not even bad but you know how it is...