G'Day

Orienteer

Just thought I'd pop my head in and say G'day.

I've only just started out on the RA-Aus Certificate - 1 lesson. And am already enthused to get to my next lesson!

I've only been introduced to aviation in the last year and a bit as a "system operator" in the back of a Dash-8, though I've always thought it looks like more fun up front.

So here's hoping that I my budget and enthusiasm holds strong to get me flying.

Start with a Jab and see how far i can go!

Cheers,

Tyson

G'day Tyson, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

I'm sure you enthusiasm will hold strong once you get into it, and then you'll be stuck with it for a long time i'm sure.....:big_grin:

Even though I don't fly as yet, my first flight in an airplane (Cessna 182) was awesome, and it's stuck with me since....:big_grin: Now I'm saving all my quid so I can learn myself......:)

Ps. Even if you where up front in the Dash-8, I think you will have a much nicer view at the ground in the Jab 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

Cheers,

Tom

G'day and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Tyson, once bitten....... you know the rest. Who you flying with? If its Mike, ask him why such long downwind legs, if its James and crew, you're in safe hands, not that Mike isn't. He took me for my first few hours, when he worked for James.

Where do you live?

Thanks for the welcome guys,

I always thought the phrase was "Once bitten, twice shy" or is it in aviation "Once bitten, twice fly?"

At my age and the dad jokes are coming out. Wo is me.

Me and a mate are both going through the training together, so it will be fun and a good way to learn by bouncing ideas off of each other.

We've had a look around at the schools and had our first lessons with Mike.

I'm in Mitcham, so it's a bit of a way to get to the Airfield, but with two of us, it should cut the travel costs in half!

Cheers,

Tyson