Hi Yall-

Simonflyer

Hi.

I Have just started flight training over the last few months, and am completely obsessed.I am training at Locksley with Sue Carol(And Nathan) from Secure flight training(Also Based in Shep) in a nice new tecnam, and I cant rate the whole setup highly enough.

I did a lot of research before beginning this journey, as i am doing my RA and GA Training side by side, and hope to go on to instructing in both fields and then onto who knows from there, but the difference between flying at Locksley as opposed to trying to do it at moorabbin-well there's no competition..

No wait times on the ground, once your up, your straight into the training area, and there is the beautiful views of the strathbogie ranges nearby which i cannot wait to go explore, and initially i think having limited traffic in the air has been useful for me to get used to the plane first before going into more built up airspace..

I am up to the point where i have now completed several sets of circuits, and am landing the plane without assistance(most of the time).People tell me that solo is probably not too far away, so thats pretty exciting.

Anyway.just thought id leave a note and say gday.

Simon

G'day Simon, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Welcome to the forums. Good setup at Locksley, :thumb_up: nice little airfield and very nice people. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Plenty of places to visit once you spread your wings. Shepparton, Benalla, Mangalore, Bendigo and ECHUCA, to name just a few. :big_grin::big_grin:

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

:welcome:hi simonfunky you checked out the texan there:thumb_up: will be down there sunday to get checked out in it with nathan :thumb_up::thumb_up: that not having other trafic is good :thumb_up: no waiting your turn and pleanty circuits in your hour

hey the length off that strip and width could land a jumbo ian :hittinghead:

the set up that secure flight training have is b:censored: briliant grass at loockley and sealed at shepp meaning that you will get used to landing on both surfaces :thumb_up:neil