Hi all, I'm steve from near echuca

Guest steve woods

G`Day Steve,098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif,

Isn`t building an aircraft a satisfying thing to do.

I started flying by building a copy of a Chinook WT2 and every time I went up in it I got such a sense of achievement,I could hardly believe it.

I`ve flown many different types over the years,from what I called a garden chair with a wing on it,the Wheeler Scout through to the Zenith 701.

I`ve owned an Austflight wire braced Drifter since the late eighties and instructed with it until I retired from instructing,I recently refurbished it back to almost new condition,fly it regularly and hope to do so for some time to come.

What other Ultralights have you had?

Cheers,

Frank.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

How is your Tyro project coming?

Hi Steve,

I started flying my own Tyro registered 10-3654 down at Portland a few months ago (possibly it was May 'o9 without referencing my log book). I am over the moon with it. A great little plane that handles as well as I could hope. It is fitted with a 503 and a 3 blade Ivoprop.

I am unable to take any of the glory for building her; I got her complete, ready to fly and with less than 20 hours on the frame.

I know that there are lots of ultralight options about these days and that single seaters do not appeal to everyone, but still I don't know why there are not many more of these little gems about the place. I am keen to hear how yours is coming along.

Paul

Guest steve woods

The Tyro mk2

Paul,

Great to hear of a tyro flying. Mine is still not finished (all that is left is to cover the wings)

The engine is an 1813 vw running a constant lose points ignition and a wooden prop.

Building time has taken 18 months and still not finished.

Having the engine built was quite a learning experience.

happy flying

steve

Guest steve woods

tandra & pics

tandra is about 5 mile from dingee on the bendigo pyramid hill road

I have taken a few pics and will post as soon as i figure it out

after 11 years it must of been a great feeling to fly the aircraft

steve

Guest steve woods

G'day

big Pete

first flights will either be the paddock over the road (80 acres, flat, no trees and the owner is looking foward to it) or at tandra. (I live on a hobby farm just out of locky)

I'll fly it into echuca after the 25 hour test period is flown off

steve