Flight Simulator X (FSX) Scenery for Australia

Guest Brett Campany

Guest Brett Campany

There's a number of guru's that have been working their tails off to provide Australian FSX users some real Aussie scenery.

Well I've been checking this scenery out and can I say that I'm more than impressed with what they've developed.

Not only have they worked on this but these guys are updating the scenery on a very regular basis.

Full Terrain Experience (FTX) provide both free and payware scenery for Australia. There is a demo version available in the "free downloads" section which provides some amazing scenery in and around Tasmania.

Their website is located here

(FTX) Full Terrain Experience

There's plenty of support and help available but installing this gear is very easy. try it out!

Now if you look at the "Free Downloads" section on FTX, you'll see a link to a scenery download called "250+ Free Airfields"

These are all amazing little country airfields all over the country. I believe for any RAAus pilot who loves a bit of cross country flying!

Click on the link below to download OZx 2.0 and the update OZx 2.1 for the 250+ free airfields.

OZx Scenery -> Downloads

• 1 year later...
Guest PC Aviator

FSX and many add-ons are scaleable to suit many types of systems and speeds. If you can run FSX ok on your current system, then the OZx airfields will likely run quite ok too!

I can vouch for OrbX and OZx's products. They are simply top-drawer stuff and make the sim a whole lot more enjoyable for us "low and slow" flyers! They co-exist too, so no clashing of features, etc.

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded the OZx, Sp1 and sp2 updates as well as the holgermesh onto my FSX. I wish I had done it sooner!

With my Phenom 4 core, 2gb video and 8gb ram setup it runs like silk! (yeh im bragging.....)

Also downloaded the CH701, Sav and the Foxbat, nice little planes those ones although the ch701 needed some fine tuning to make the flaps work properly. If I had a copy of FSDS id try to make a morgan sierra or something else just for fun too.

Its payday, so I have to choose between paying a $170 fine to the SDRO or bying the complete Orbx Au pack....... hmmmmm.

Guest PC Aviator
I just downloaded the OZx, Sp1 and sp2 updates as well as the holgermesh onto my FSX. I wish I had done it sooner!With my Phenom 4 core, 2gb video and 8gb ram setup it runs like silk! (yeh im bragging.....)

Also downloaded the CH701, Sav and the Foxbat, nice little planes those ones although the ch701 needed some fine tuning to make the flaps work properly. If I had a copy of FSDS id try to make a morgan sierra or something else just for fun too.

Its payday, so I have to choose between paying a $170 fine to the SDRO or bying the complete Orbx Au pack....... hmmmmm.

Go the Orbx AU DVD - the fine can wait! :P

There is a Tecnam Sierra available for FSX for $19.95.

Go the Orbx AU DVD - the fine can wait! :PThere is a Tecnam Sierra available for FSX for $19.95.

Yeh, except they were going to de-register my ute next friday, and no ute means no income which means no Orbx.

So, its coming, soon.

• 10 months later...

Try VOZ 1.8 here's a link, http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/16-voz-downloads-fs9/ you can find other small add-ons that are fs9 and voz friendly and all free. Quite a big file and you need to read install instructions. make back up files, you may have too install more than once. I have spent hrs re installing, but when working it does make a big difference to scenery and its good to have a few aussie airports.

You can only install fs9 scenery files to fs9 and only fsx files to fsx fs. You can try and install but every one on fourms that say they did say it very hard and messes up the flight sim. There are planes that are capable of both. Good luck.