just landed

hi all sorry taken a while to post JUST LANDED first lesson 06 at COROWA with instructer STEVE .COROWA is on is a beut town about 7000 persons on the banks of the murray river , has a great airport 2 large runways built during the war years, popular for gliding nov/jan otherwise few microlites few private planes somedays have all to yourself. wangaratta yarrawonga tocumal etc all a short flite away.Early lessons in a Tecnam solo at 25 hwrs took a while but then wont see 60 again obtained cross country end. 08.currently studying human factor .purchased 2nd hand GAZELLE 08 REG 3309 some of you may have flown it ,why a Gazelle ? why 2nd hand wanted an aircraft not paticulaly fast but robust,wanted to learn at own pace.they arnt buit for comfort ,can be cold sometimes rough.but love it anyway.Come to Corowa /give me a call.I find the Forum very informitave thanks to you all gained some very useful info. motor was out to repair rear seal Lame was agast at engine mount particularly welding 1 new mount in very big dent in wallet all good.think mount maybe 1 of those things you check but do you really see if problem developing . over time intend to TIDY UP GAZELLE plug a few holes etc keep on top of maintaince . Next step gadually fly further a field Enough for now FLY SAFE I have GAZELLE FLIGHT MANUAL about 40 pages specis etc think some members may require copy????

• 2 weeks later...

HI SORRY not from MOUNT ISA there for couple night about 1990 very interesting place if last name spelt same then would be relative ,lived mostly at WAHGUNYAH lovely place banks of murray about 600 persons COROWA is on nsw. side.you own /fly GAZELLE ??? I, BE INTERESTED in your thoughts on same CHEERS GORDON

Guest Decca

Hiya Gordon. Welcome to the forums, from Ballarat.

The Gazelle is a delightful aeroplane to fly, just hope I experience more than the 7hrs I have in the left seat. How many hours do you have?

Regards, Decca.

• 2 weeks later...

hey gordon how are you? i'm from shepparton but leanrn't to fly in Ballarat while I spent two years there.. I like the gazelle'sand would love to have a fly in one. since ive been back to shep I have found it hard here to fly hope in spring / summer I'll get back into it more..

Dave