What's your dream machine?

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Hello all,

Just thought I would start a new thread calling for suggestions on what would be your dream machine.If you had the money, if the wife let you, if you had no kids...all those kinds of scenarios.What would you want to be seen in????And, don't worry, we have chux wipes ready for all that drool. I will start off with mine. Below if the new Cirrus SR22 G3 (Generation 3) aircraft. Talk about sexy! :big_grin: If I had the money...For those fellow aviators who wish to drool: http://www.cirrusdesign.com

And now for the Aircraft Penthouse Pic of the Year!!!!! (this one definately makes my toilet wall).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Decca

Fair Comment

Fair comment Emma. A fair dose of aviationitis! It does look drooly though. And I have to start thinking seriously of something more than a kite on the end of a piece of string!

Decca

Guest Fred Bear

Ha ha ha Decca. Love the kite comment 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

It does look drooly though

You can't tell me that's not one of the best pieces of machinery you have ever seen?

Bit of problem with fuse life now, they've cut it back to 3500 hours or something similar. No doubt the makers are saying it's only tempory. Stll that's a lot of dollars to pay for a limited life Aircraft. Bit high tech for me I'd rather old bombs.

Dream machine? Next to the CT the Lancair Columbia 400 has to be my choice. As much as I love this aircraft it falls short ...

Low wing (poor views)

Small windows (poor views)

Too fast (not enough time to enjoy the views)

Too much comfort (sleep through the views)

Too expensive to run at $175/hr (views cost too much)

Oh, almost forgot ... a tad too much to buy at US$500k + second hand (imagine how many flying hours I could get in the CT at $45/hr for that much dosh)

Still, she's a lovely machine indeed ...

Paul

701505226_Columbia1.thumb.jpg.afc0de3a3baf0a8a5d6442f95859681d.jpg

Guest brentc

You can do better than that Darren, look further down the price list on the Cirrus website. For a mere $640k landed on OZ you can have a Cirrus SR22 Gen 3 GTS. It's 350 horsepower from a turbocharged 300hp from the standard Continential model. You can get wing and prop de-ice (glycol), airconditioning (the cirrus really needs this in the hot weather), airbags in the seatbelts, dual garmin stack 430's for IFR with Avidyne flight deck, TCAS, weather radar, radar, ballistic chute, tinted windows, cd player, autopilot and to top it all off, cup holders for him and her.

If you're ever at Tooradin and have a spare couple of hundred in your wallet, I'll take for a ride for an hour in the actual SR20 that you are drooling over in your avatar.

I see on the website there's talk of a brand new Cirrus Jet, single engine turbofan, 300 knots cruise at 25,000ft. No more details. Will be intersting to see what it's all about!

Student Pilot, around 3 or so years ago when we got ours the Cirrus had an airframe life of 4,000 hours. I was of the belief that it's been upgraded to 12,000 hours if not removed completely. Have you heard otherwise? I wouldn't be surprised if it has changed as it's not well documented and I probably wouldn't have heard. It's something that was of grave concern when the aircraft was purchased and something that the dealer kept under his hat at the time.

Emma, I could go on for hours but here are a few reaons an aeroplane is better than a woman................keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

1. An aeroplane expects to be tied down at night

2. An aeroplane expects a pre flight inspection

3. An aerolplane does not mind if you fly other aeroplanes

4. An aeroplane does not get upset if you read "Aeroplane Magazines" even for the pictures

5. An aeroplane does not care if its left in te hangar for weeks on end

6. An aeroplane does not object to a "Touch n Go"

7. An aeroplane does not care if you trade it in on a younger and sportier aeroplane

8. An aeroplane does not mind you showing your mates whats under the hood!

9. An aeroplane doesn't mind who gives it a good service!!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

10. An aeroplane does not shop for shoes

11. An aeroplane .....you always know which button to press to turn it on.......and off!:devil:

OK boys and girls....the SR22 might be good but if you want serious payload, W&B, speed and all the fruit for half the cash, build one of these babies.......I have done the homework, apart from the "Experimental" and build it yourself aspect, nothing beats it......

J:)

Guest danda

My taste is not quite expensive I love the TECNAM BRAVO or the SPORT STAR the problem is that no one will give me one:laugh: although I would put either one to good use and they would get great free advertising all over NSW, VIC and Parts of SE QLD with my profession.

Never mind all in the right time I'll just have to keep praying.

Don

Guest Fred Bear

All,

Ha ha. All comments fairly noted! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

If you're ever at Tooradin and have a spare couple of hundred in your wallet, I'll take for a ride for an hour in the actual SR20 that you are drooling over in your avatar.

I think I will take you up on that. See what happens in the next few wks.:)

Student Pilot, around 3 or so years ago when we got ours the Cirrus had an airframe life of 4,000 hours. I was of the belief that it's been upgraded to 12,000 hours if not removed completely. Have you heard otherwise? I wouldn't be surprised if it has changed as it's not well documented and I probably wouldn't have heard. It's something that was of grave concern when the aircraft was purchased and something that the dealer kept under his hat at the time.

I'm not sure but last I heard the hours were back to around 3500 on the fuse, talk was of them going back not up. Don't expect the agents to let you know about those type of things. Dealers/agents are only interested in the commision. Shouldn't be too hard to check with the CASA requirements for fatigue life on them, keep in mind that could vary with the factory recomendations. CASA's requirements sometimes don't bare any resemblance to factory replacement times.

I notice Emma has gone quiet:cool:

You will get to know my poor sense of humour over time;)

But planes are sexy....025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

J

xo

I'm not too sure about 'Planes are sexy' comment... maybe it's a man thing...

My dream plane would be anything with a cup holder and a head rest with built in neck support so I can nap...;)

Give me a Spitfire anyday!

On second thoughts, better not. At least, I think I would break every rule in the book, high speed low flying, illegal aerobatics etc;

But it looks so beautifull and even standing still it looks like it's doing 200kts. Sexy dosn't even start to cover it.

David

Guest Fred Bear

David, I would not mind one of those either :)

Kaz:

My dream plane would be anything with a cup holder and a head rest with built in neck support so I can nap...;)

Then you would like the Cirrus ;)

Guest danda

I don't know about some of you blokes I somehow can't see an aircraft as being sexy. I love flying as much as the next bloke but my wife is sexy not my aircraft its just wonderful my wife is perfect.

Don

Don,

OK Don.....you better post a good pic then.....not that she is not sexy at all......most women are in their own way.......but a sexy plane is always .....errrr.....refer the list above!;)

J

PS: I can type what I like tonight, Mrs J is in Sydney wining dining and off to some poofy show!

Disconnecting Brain From Wallet

If I disconnect my brain from my wallet the following pictures fills my heart with sensations unknown to me till now and talk about that drool. probably I can use all of darren`s supply of chux wipes.

[ATTACH]1941[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1942[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1943[/ATTACH]

some specs of viperjet

climb 15000 ft/min

cruise 450 kts

fuel(heart) burn 1000 lts/hr ooouch

viperjet02.jpg.be422379e8854ff813888b907e9c4b05.jpg

viperjet03.jpg.0b70b96c560e776ffd5a7e47f905cead.jpg

viperjet04.JPG.66adcf93761fc64557c71c4ee1835994.JPG