Jab Guy

Jab Guy

Hello everyone ... I am a kiwi living in Auckland and have a J230D ... my only claim to fame is that I flew it across the Tasman making it the first Jab to do that inane (according to my wife) thing ...coming to NZ look me up.

Cheers

Welcome Crazy Jab Guy, 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif and I mean that in the nicest possible way. 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Any NZedder who has the sense to go home, gets my vote. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

We're a great friendly bunch here, enjoy yourself. 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

regards

G'day Jab Guy, great to have you! :thumb_up:

Well done on the flight, remember reading about it! Keep it up and have fun :thumb_up:

Guest Wigg

Welcome Jab Guy sounds like a great adventure to me. Congratulations and enjoy the company on here. John

Hi Bruce welcome along,

What an awesome adventure that would have been!

I don't think my Drifter would jump that big of a puddle. (A pity)

Hope you enjoy the site, how about some photos of the trip? you must have some great shots

Monty

after a quick bit of line drawing, and calulations, i could make it to Nz in the Savannah. as it is, at 85 Kts... 3 hrs to Lord howe, then 5.5 to Norfolk then 5.5 again to Nz... i have a 6 hr endurance.... hmmmm now im thinking..

would love to hear about the planning and the flying of your trip though!

Guest Howard Hughes

Getting over should be a breeze Ultralights, especially with a winter westerly. Getting back will be the difficult bit, might have to plan at 20 feet!:ah_oh:

Guest Kevin the Penniless

Well, that is a claim to fame to be proud of!!! If I get over there I'll give you a call...

Would have been a great trip but I dont think I could have held my breath for that long.

We purchased VH-FTK and as you, we are very happy with it.

Hope to catch up if I get over there,

Terry

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif JG, glad you've decided to come on board. I just might take you up on your invite as I have an aunt living in Papamoa and I really must go and visit her one day. You're about an hour from there I think.

Tell me, what's happening with the Snark these days. I was quite taken by this unusual aircraft when it first appeared but haven't heard much about it since. There is one in Oz, bought by a guy who couldn't fly and I think he asked for help in these forums. Never heard the out come of the either. My impression was that it was too expensive at the time. What's your thoughts? Answer under General discussions please so as not to be jumped on from the .... and rockers;)