Which document admendment services do you get

Hi Folks,

I've just been sent my renewal notice for the CASA document amendments. If I was to get all of them and the charts that I'd use it comes up to over $600 :yuk:. So I thought I'd find out which ones everyone else gets (in particular the GA people among us).

Do you get all of them (CAR, CAAP, CAO, ERSA, AIP, DAH charts etc)?

Do you only get the one's you must carry in the aircraft ... ERSA, AIP? or

Do you get the charts you need and then download the rest?

Bob

Guest Howard Hughes

Jeppesen......$187 per year covers AIP, DAP's, ERC charts and ERSA!

CAO's CAR's and CAAP's are all available on the net and that way you don't need to constantly update them!:thumb_up:

ERSA and AIP subscription, maps as needed.

CAAP's, CAR's etc - sign up to email advice from CASA, then download what you need.

DAP's not really needed, unless you're IFR - but download them if you're interested (I do, just so I know what standard arrivals/departures look like, where things might be coming from).

At one stage I was thinking of doing some IFR training but for various reasons didn't end up doing it.

But I still had the amendments coming in each quarter and ended up spending more time amending the DAPs than I did reading the books.

Guest Howard Hughes
in the "good ol days"...says he as he refills his pipe and strokes the hound at his feet.....all those publications (other than WAC's ) were free, and sent out regularly. Pilots actually enjoyed updating their manuals and keeping up with the changes!!

I know of one pilot who when he got a little behind in his amendments, would just ring up and order a whole new set, binders and all! "Sure Mr Hughes we can send you a new set...oops sorry I mean Mr X";)

Them were the days, now where's me slippers...006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Jeppesen......$187 per year covers AIP, DAP's, ERC charts and ERSA! CAO's CAR's and CAAP's are all available on the net and that way you don't need to constantly update them!:thumb_up:

My XC endo is just around the corner so a subscription to the ERSA would be ideal, where abouts can I purchase the Jepp package? I've already got the binders for the lot so no problem with that.

-Andrew

Guest basscheffers

Yes, knowing where to purchase Jepp is something I'd like to know too! Sounds like good value. Can't find the product on their website. :(

Guest Howard Hughes

I probably should have mentioned the initial issue is approximately $600, with the subsequent yearly amendments around $187 (dependant upon exchange rate at the time). They are available from some aviation suppliers, or direct from Jeppesen in Canberra.

If you know any IFR pilots, ask around, occasionally people will give away a full set of Jepps for next to nothing, especially people who have gotten into a major airline. That way you only need to get an amendment service. They also come up on EBay from time to time.

Apologies if my initial post may have not told the full story.

Cheers, HH.:thumb_up:

PS: The airport directory in Jeppesen (ERSA), does not have any airport diagrams, they are available (for airports with an instrument approach) in the approach section though.