Obama or Monto

Obama or Monto ?

I was planning a trip from Tumut to Monto for the RAAus flyin mid June, but then I received this by email tonight.

There will be flying restrictions mid June within 100NM of Canberra and Sydney.

Even model aircraft within 45 NM will be banned!

Does anyone know any more? It looks like we don't get much notice.

Jack. 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif049_sad.gif.cfa4f274d7bd070bd6a24b809e8799ba.gif

100526 - MASS AIR BRIEF FLYER.pdf

Great, the info sessions are in Canberra and Sydney, what about the aviators who live in other areas within 100nm. They had better publish it as a notam because a lot of people will not realise otherwise. I notice the attachment says conditions apply, what are they? Does anyone know? I was planning a cross country trip at Queens birthday weekend from Goulburn to Holbrook!!!!

Maynard

Guest ozzie

According to Sunrise this morning it seems that Obama may have cancelled his Australian visit. has to be confirmed

Cancelled anyway

Because of the doubts and unknowns I opted for alternative activities on the June weekend.

I started doing some maintenance on my plane this weekend, and as often the case, a simple task has turned out to be more difficult than expected. So I'll stay with the alternative.

My plane was not built with ease of doing maintenance in mind!

Jack.036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif036_faint.gif.b6fdbf92c760c47b56da9b625fc7db92.gif