AirNav VFR on a MAC?

Hi Was wondering if anyone has AirNav on a Mac Book, the fella said at the shop I could install windows just to run it if I need. Is this the best option? if so how do I go about it?

Thank You Guy i_dunno

If you have a Intel based Mac and running OS X 10.5 or later, you could set it up with a small Boot Camp partition (under utilities) and then install a copy of Windows on that (XP/Vista/7 etc.) Then install AirNav as you would on any windows machine and you're away! Just boot into that each time you need to use AirNav.

If you don't want to have to boot back and forwards each time, you could purchase a copy of Parallels Desktop which will run Window as a virtual machine from within OS X. Parallels also has the option of running from your Boot Camp install of Windows or solely as a virtual machine install. If your Mac Book is non-Intel and/or you're not running 10.5 or above, then Parallels is your only choice. I wouldn't use Parallels to run anything too complex but it should handle AirNav just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

finally had to go with FF's deal, as the Codeweavers seemed to have some challenges running the program to capacity(meaning it did some funny things that it doesn't normally do)

Just amazing to have a Machine that is capable of running both systems, don't know why I never bought a MAC a long time ago!

Thanks Very Much for the Help!

FF in your avatar, are you waving out the door or are you the PIC or maybe the 2IC?

Unfortunately none of the above, still trying to work out how to get the "Connie" under 544 Kgs MTOW. Maybe I could start by replacing the Wrights with 4 Rotax 914's!laugh.gif