GAAP to Class D and CTAF changes

Guest burbles1

I'm disappointed I can't fly from Camden anymore, unless I get a PPL. Had my last RA flight there last Friday (when it is/was class G during weekdays) and found out the bad news. I'll need a PPL to hire an a/c from there now. It means an extra hour's travel to YWOL or YBTH just to do practice forced landings (which I was doing from Camden). I can't see any positives in the move to Class D - RA is slowly losing airspace and airfields are effectively 'closing'. I thought RA was supposed to be growing!

Guest ozzie

All this can't fly RAA from this airport or that airport sounds like a last ditch effort to save GA from dying out. is this just part of the "screaming skulls"effort to put RA back 'into the weeds from whence they came' or just the final result of the feud between Middo and CASA. whatever it is it's just one man dominating the masses.

Australia...land of the free, girt by sea and there's no escape.

Guest ozzie

interesting to note that there has not even been a peep out of the RAAus over all this. rec aviation seem to be getting stomped on and those who are supposed to represent those affected seem to have run for cover. lot of noise from Middo a while back but what log is he hiding under now. What else has the CEO of CASA got planned for you.

Ian what the hell is going on with the RAAus board!!!

not much has changed with the changeover to class D, still no requirements for transponder, still require PPL, schools withing a new Class D can still operate as usual. just still conduct solo ops at a CTAF, only real change is the Camden tower hours.