SKYLARK 2 STROKE Motor

thebob

G'day all, I once had a skylark on my pteradactyl. Terrible engine based on Victa 160. It had an ignition system that came from the Victa 170 twin and possibly used the same crank case and c'shaft. Had a crank break on me at about 100ft and nearly landed on a cow! I think it was manufactured in someone's garage down near Frankston but I have forgotten his name.

Regards, Don

Guest ozzie

I have an original brochure for this engine. built around 1978ish , yes two victa 160cc cylinders i think from memory the crack and the cases where purpose made for them.

I'd have to go through my collection of MAFA stuff to find it when i get back down to Sydney during the week.

They did have a problem with pulling the crank out threw the front of the case.

be a good collectors item for the museum.

Ozzie

Guest ozzie

If you have one of these could you please take some good detailed photos of it. especially the front of the crankcase and any numbers ect.

Thanks

ozzie

HAVEN'T LOOKED AT THE PLANE YET ...WANTED TO BE FORE ARMED RE THE MOTOR WHICH IS NOT WORTH SPENDING TIME ON AS I SUSPECTED. JUST A BIT OF AUSSIE AVIATION HISTORY NOW.

STILL DECIDING ON THE U2...HOPEFULLY SOMEONE ELSE WILL BUY IT AND PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY. HAVEN'T GOT THE SPARE CASH TO RE-ENGINE AT PRESENT BUT THE PLANE WAS A CHEAP PROJECT.

ON ANOTHER TOPIC HAS ANYONE SEEN THE MZ RANGE OF 2 STROKERS? THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME MZ. SEE Compact Radial Engines FOR MAYBE THE SUCCESSOR TO THE ROTAXES

ROB

:rotary: