New in Tasmania

Hi- I've just turned 72 and have decided to return to flying even though it's been 15 years since I last flew. I learnt to fly at Biggin Hill, the famous WWII airfield in Kent, UK way, way back! Not flown in Tasmania yet but looking forward to RAA flying in the Jabiru range used by a local aero club, it's much cheaper than GA flying!

Have to learn how to use these Forums first.

Cheers for now

John Edelsten

Guest Wigg

Welcome to the forums John. Hope all goes well with the flying. Keep us informed on your progress. Happy & safe flying Wigg

Welcome to the forums John,

I did my first few flights from Biggin Hill and a couple from Shoreham.

You'll soon get the hang of these forums, but I have warn you, they can become a bit addictive, and mowing the lawn has to take second priority.;)

Good luck with Jabiru training. Let us know how you're going.

Kind Regards

Planey

Guest rocketdriver

Hello John

I'm almost 65 and re started in February after a 15 year break ...... I was a bit wobbly at first ..not quite getting it right but mostly knowing what I should be doing ... and I was a bit tense too, but that wore off pretty quickly and the radio started to make sense again. I'm sure you'll be back up to speed in no time .....

Good luck with the flying and the forum ...look forward to hearing of your progress .... RD