Some idle questions about 'normal' flight characteristics

I was watching this video of an RV-12 demonstration flight from vansweb and I noticed a couple of things that seemed strange to me.

The first was in a power-on stall (about 7:10 minutes in). The pilot says "There's full power... We'll just hold this attitude and let the speed bleed off... It takes almost full right rudder at this speed...". Why does it take full right rudder to maintain straight flight when it's climbing steeply? I understand the effects of precession and changing thrust, etc, but full rudder? (and yes, you can see in the video that it really is full). I've only ever flown a J-160 which only needs small pressure changes for that type of thing. Is such large pedal input normal for other a/c?

The second thing was the stall characteristic. Every stall demonstrated dropped straight off to the right. I'm used to the 160 sort-of mushing down but staying level unless you did something silly. Given that this was essentially an advertising video, it seems odd that they were so unconcerned. Again, is that normal? Is it a low wing thing?

The learning continues... keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Guest ozzie

Law of dynamics No airspeed means less effect of the flight surface. P factor. hi torque engine big prop

tried this in the turbine beaver 102 in dia 3 blade prop heap of torque, same deal run out of rudder and start to roll around the propwhile almost vertical. goood fun

Whats this RV12 powered by big conti?