Two wings - One Rego

The latest from the HGFA:

Two wings – One Rego

Quite a few of our members, particularly instructors, operate with more than one wing for their Trike. Well, good news – effective immediately, you may now register multiple wings with a single trike base under a single Registration Number.

Additionally, if you should choose to upgrade to a later model wing, you may retain your old Registration Number. If the old wing is to be scrapped or sold on, it must be de-registered, and the registration number removed.

Obviously, for trikes registered under CAO 95.32/LSA, only trike/wing combinations that are certified by the manufacturer may be registered.

The new HGFA Microlight logbook is now available on the HGFA website for downloading and printing and this will facilitate the recording of maintenance, as it includes a separate logbook for each wing, as well as the engine.

The new HGFA Operations Manual mandates a separate logbook for both the engine and each wing. The reason for this is the HGFA have recognised the fact that there has previously been no facility for maintenance records to be included with these items when sold.

This mandate applies to new registrations only, so current aircraft may continue to run with their existing Maintenance Logbooks.

I would like to thank our General Manager, Craig Worth, for helping to achieve this. I feel that this is a definite step forward in Flight Safety for the HGFA and look forward to helping to improve other areas of concern in the near future.

:thumb_up:

Safe Flying

Kev

Big Positive Step

Thanks Kev,107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif

That's a big positive step by the HGFA to formalise this. I've been using my own design aircraft logbook 'till now and was about to buy RAA's aircraft logbook.

I've just downloaded the 3 logbook templates and will use them on my HGFA rego'd trikes henceforth.

CHeers,

Glen

Thanks Glen

Unfortunately it all happened too late to help Alf Jessop :musicboohoo:, but will hopefully make things easier for others in the future.

Safe flying

Kev

Guest ozzie

Amazing the HGFA can have multiple wings with same rego AND a Nano light catagory with no rego, yet the RAAus don't. Is this what Carol Carpenter referred to as a 'carrot' to entice people to join us instead of them. me thinks so

Something else I mentioned to Chris Fogg last year was the Wizard-3 wing I have registered with my Buzzard.

Because it's registered with the Buzzard it has a "T1" rego, but sometimes we might like to fly that wing with our Edge-X trike base, making a trike-wing combo that is manufacturer approved for 2-seat operations for which you need a "T2" rego.

With Chris now out of the HGFA pciture, perhaps I should raise it with the new management.

Cheers,

Glen