Jabiru interior lining

mcarthur9

I have a great Jabiru LSA 55 which needs a new interior lining. The original was made by Nylex who have gone out of the business. Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a suitable replacement fabric and source. Its very similar to the fabric that is used on some office room dividers. Its "sticky' - velco style

Cheers Ian

Jab interior

I think you have the right stuff in mind, it looks like corded and is light and stretchy enough to do slight double curves.

But is isn't sticky, so you need to use spray contact adhesive.

The important thing is to keep the job light. Every bit of weight takes a bit off the performance. Also, you can use house-paint (washable acrylic wall paint) to do up the painted bits.

cheers, Bruce

jab interior

I didn't make it clear that the stuff used on office room-dividers is what I was talking about, not the stuff from Nylex. The room-divider stuff you can get from Spotlight etc.

Bruce

I have a great Jabiru LSA 55 which needs a new interior lining. The original was made by Nylex who have gone out of the business. Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a suitable replacement fabric and source. Its very similar to the fabric that is used on some office room dividers. Its "sticky' - velco styleCheers Ian

Ian, they used to use what I know as "frontrunner" It was inside my jab, (a thin, in my case grey, fabric with lines in it, like old fashioned carpet).

I enquired about something to replace it and was offerd a product that is much easier to fit.

I was told it is used to cover rear dashes in cars etc and that the "frontrunner" (My dad had a catermeran fully lined with the stuff) is "going out of fashion" .

This product has no lines, comes in a couple of colours. I went for a dark grey. It stretches around corners etc , you can insert little pieces. All in all it is a great product.

I don't know what its called, but I purchased if from Jacksons Foam and Vinyl, 63 Raceview St, RACEVIEW, QLD, 4305. (07) 3281 1999 .

They will tell you what its called! I purchased my fabric for my new seat cover/cushions there as well.

Hope this helps

Warick :big_grin:

Ian, they used to use what I know as "frontrunner" It was inside my jab, (a thin, in my case grey, fabric with lines in it, like old fashioned carpet).I enquired about something to replace it and was offerd a product that is much easier to fit.

I was told it is used to cover rear dashes in cars etc and that the "frontrunner" (My dad had a catermeran fully lined with the stuff) is "going out of fashion" .

This product has no lines, comes in a couple of colours. I went for a dark grey. It stretches around corners etc , you can insert little pieces. All in all it is a great product.

I don't know what its called, but I purchased if from Jacksons Foam and Vinyl, 63 Raceview St, RACEVIEW, QLD, 4305. (07) 3281 1999 .

They will tell you what its called! I purchased my fabric for my new seat cover/cushions there as well.

Hope this helps

Warick :big_grin:

Hi - think I resolved thesupply issue. Called Jacksons - very helpful but dont carry in stock any more - but are investigating. After a great deal of investigation I think I have found the new distributors/manufatures. Have emailed them and waiting on a response. - Frontrunner and Prelude - Prelude appears to be fire retardant. This would be the same gear as supplied by Jabirui - AAA Wholesale Fabrics | Home - Frontrunner, Prelude, Interlude, Noticeboard fingers crossed. Ian

I would definatley not recomend frontrunner, it looks good, but the other material is great, I'm sure that'd be available...

When you say the other material - do you mean the one from Jacksons- they seem to be suggesting that its Frontrunner? Thanks for the feedback - all helps - Jab want $1300+ for their solution - seems expensive - plus the fitting. Cheers Ian

When you say the other material - do you mean the one from Jacksons- they seem to be suggesting that its Frontrunner? Thanks for the feedback - all helps - Jab want $1300+ for their solution - seems expensive - plus the fitting. Cheers Ian

Ian,

Frontrunner is the same as per the attached pic. (maybe the new stuff is know as it as well) all images I found were the same as the attached pic..

The material we used has no lines in it, this makes is much easier to use. (They(Jacksons) said it is more commonly used these days.

WE paid around $15 - $20 per metre, we purchased about 3-4 metres of it. My wife installed it it took about 2 - 3 days, there is still some remaining, we have not done behind the seats,where the fuel tank is, it is painted and it is not neccessary... TTFN WARICK . . .

Frontrunner.thumb.jpg.a50da266194a0c1f9f821b9520682abb.jpg

Hi Warwick found the supplier at last M Simonson | Home - Frontrunner, Prelude, Interlude, Noticeboard - very helpful. 2 options for future reference - Prelude and Interlude. Very similar product - no lines in it for easy wrapping. The Interlude is the dearer and basically it doesnt "fluff" as much as the less expensive Prelude. They'll send samples of your choices before sale. Both have a fire retardant rating as well. Mind you if your on fire with 65L of fuel behind you not really a problem at all.. Thanks for the help Ian