Bolly 3 Blade prop

emaroo

I am thinking of putting a bolly prop on our j230. I have had problems with Jab and Bret thompson wood props. I like the idea of not having a wood prop that will be subject to weather conditions and that will be tougher as far as stone chips go and is adjustable. I called in to the factory at bolly today to have a look. They showed me paper work that shows there are currently 31 bolly props on Jabs.

So Iam looking for feed back from owners who have bolly props on j230s.

Im probably number 31, still sitting on my floor at this stage. Recieved mine Friday morning.

Theres not too many options in the Carbon fibre adjustable type

Do you realise you legally cant fit anything but Jabiru or Sensinich to an LSA 230?

We bumped into a J160 owner in Cobar 2 weeks ago. he has his Jab hangered there. He put a 3 blade bolly on late last year, but on the 2nd flight it popped one blade; just about lunged his engine from its mounts and he did a forced landing and wrote off the a/c.. He said Bolly's insurance covered the cost and he bought another second hand J160 - and this time added a Sensenich prop. No problems so far..

4 cyl engines are a very different problem, serious vibration problem and needs wooden version to soak it up

All manufacturers have had prop failure on 4 cyl engines I think

6 cyl hasnt had these issues and the stiffer carbon fibre work very well

Theres a guy near Adelaide with one on a SP6, and Ive spoken to a couple of other guys running them and they are very happy.

Ive used a different brand from overseas and it was very good (company wasnt)

The other type from Qld has good reports too

These three types are the only ones I know of which are to suit Jabiru

I should have mine running by end of next week