Telstra 3g users

P4D

Helll Forum.

Just a heads up regarding Telstra 3G cards.

They are changing the way they connect to the internet from now on.

These cards when connected will be provided with a private, Class C IP address and will be NAT’ed to the internet. There is active port filtering in place as well.

What this means is that people with ‘home grade’ Telstra cards will start having issues connecting to PPTP and possibly IPSEC VPN’s.

However there is a ‘product code’ that people can get on their Telstra account that will make it behave as per usual.

This code is ‘GP-CORP-B3’.

Then the cards get given an ‘Internet’ ip address and there is no NAT’ing or other things.

Guest davidh10
...What this means is that people with ‘home grade’ Telstra cards will start having issues connecting to PPTP and possibly IPSEC VPN’s....

There's nothing intrinsically incompatible with using IPSEC over NAT or even IPSEC over NAT, over NAT. No that isn't a stutter 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif I do it all the time. Sorry I have no experience with PPTP as I wouldn't put a Windows server on the Internet. :ah_oh:

Did Telstra specificaly say PPTP/IPSEC wont work ?

Optus cable has been doing NAT/priv ip's forever.. and Ive never had any issues with either ipsec or pptp.

Same with a number of ISP's i've worked at it in the past.

Infact... even on my mobile phone using GRPS (which definetly has a private IP) I can still PPTP and IPSEC..

Guest davidh10
Technobabble!

I always thought that IT was full of TLAs (3 letter acronyms), but since becoming involved in aviation, I've discovered a whole new dialect 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif